All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > General > Non-Symbian Phones

Old 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM

pqb@tvtel.pt is on a distinguished road
Connect Psion 5mx to Nokia 6234 via infrared; configure modem

I have managed to transer files and SMS, connecting my Psion 5mx to a Nokia 6234 via infrared, but Nokia told me I need to download the modem drivers if I'm to connect to the Internet. The only drivers they provide are for Windows, but I'm sure there are generic modem drivers somewhere. The Psion has worked with mobile phones before, and connected to the Internet to fetch email etc.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:43 AM

OK2BCK is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqb@tvtel.pt View Post
I have managed to transer files and SMS, connecting my Psion 5mx to a Nokia 6234 via infrared, but Nokia told me I need to download the modem drivers if I'm to connect to the Internet. The only drivers they provide are for Windows, but I'm sure there are generic modem drivers somewhere. The Psion has worked with mobile phones before, and connected to the Internet to fetch email etc.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give.
Hi there, I was just trying to set up internet connection on my Psion 7 using infrared connection to NOKIA 6234 and I had the same problem. However interesting is that if I set in Control panel, Modems, Advanced tab: Modem type(missing in Psion 5mx??) as a Fixed line instead as Mobile it works BUT: Phone will accept request to dial out, I can login, load let's say Google but then when redirecting to another page, the phone just hangs up.
I used to use NOKIA 6230 with no problems at all.
I have only little knowledge about modems and infrared communication but it might help you to find what needs to be done to make it working for you.
Please let me know how to connect this phone to Psion to transfer messages between as I'm not able to do this your help is appreciated.
I will have little bit more fiddle tonight about the internet connection and I will report any success.

Thank You and good luck
Ads