All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-09-2006, 03:40 AM

jkeysers is on a distinguished road
muisc player - ignoring ringtones?

Hi, I did a search and I couldnt find a topic for this so I hope it hasnt been covered. Just wondering if it is possible to ignore ringtones in your music library. I am always using my N80 as an MP3 player so I'm constantly using the "Update Music Library" function. Only problem is that it finds all my MP3 ringtones and msg tones as well and lists them in the library. Is there any way around this that anyone knows?

Like say, in WMP you can ignore sound files under a certain size. Or another way around it on a PC in WMP is to just monitor a folder. Can that be done somehow?

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2006, 02:14 AM

anyone?

anyone?

Old 06-09-2006, 04:12 AM

lovher is on a distinguished road
you can make your own track list this way you play your favorites only

Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 AM

lovher is on a distinguished road
here how you make your own track list
GO Music Player ---> option ---> music library ---> track lists ---> option ---> new track list ---> choose ( phone memory / memory card ) ---> track list name ---> then mark the tracks you want to add to the track list ---> option ---> select marked items ---> option ---> play ( your track list )
and if you want to add/remove track(s) from your track list go :Music Player ---> option ---> music library ---> track lists ---> option ---> open your track list ---> option ---> add tracks ( or mark the tracks you want to remove from track list ---> option ---> remove from track list )
hope this would help you

Old 22-09-2006, 05:43 AM

thats not exactly what I was after. if i do that, i have to make a new playlist every time i change my music, and weed out all the non-music mp3s. although it will work, it would be annoying to have to do all the time.

i just thought their might be a way i could ignore those mp3s under a certain size or maybe by putting them in a certain folder or something. surely there is a way. i mean, everyone uses mp3 sound files as message/ring tones. someone must know of a way to have them not show up in the music library?!
Ads

Old 22-09-2006, 09:49 PM

Tonk3h is on a distinguished road
all of the mp3 ringtones i use are full tracks anyway, but i see where your coming from! all the mp3s are in E:/sounds/digital (E being memory, eg phone or mem card),which is a bit silly i spose!

Old 27-09-2006, 04:32 AM

I use some full length MP3s as ringtones, and some smaller song grabs. But where it does have problems is with message tones. I spent a long time scouring the internet for funny little sounds files and stuff to play as message tones. Most are in mp3 format, but that doesnt mean I want them in my music library.

Because they are just small sounds grabs, they aren't tagged like my music MP3s are, so I get stuck with an folders like Unknown in my Music Library. My anal personality just cant cope with it! I should be able to keep them out of there if I want. Why does the Music Library have to scan the whole phone for MP3s, seems ot me it would have been better/easier if it just looked in one place, either a My Music folder or a folder you, the user, specified.