All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-08-2006, 07:30 AM

bigmouk is on a distinguished road
N80 - Mini-SD Compatibility

I seem to be having problems with my 2Gb Sandisk card like a lot of other people.

I would like to sell this card and purchase another but i have found no definite answers on what card to get. I have heard the AData ones have been working very well?

BTW - I dont want to mess around doing the format trick in windows, copying files from original nokia card etc because this still seems to cause problems based on other peoples posts. AND i'm not paying nokia 54 for a 1Gb card !

Can people post up either WORKING or NOT WORKING ..... I have ...

NOT WORKING
2Gb Sandisk Mini-SD
V 3.0617.0.6
03-05-2006
RM-92
Nokia N80 (31.01)
Issues - Card works for < 1 min and then says 'no mem card inserted', supplied 128mb nokia card works fine.

I think this would be great info for everyone.

Cheers!

Old 16-08-2006, 07:39 AM

Sorry, just found this thread from a couple of month back although i think it would be good to get a consice thread where users can quickly glance at the card options.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ghlight=memory

Old 16-08-2006, 08:08 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmouk
Sorry, just found this thread from a couple of month back although i think it would be good to get a consice thread where users can quickly glance at the card options.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ghlight=memory
Do you have a genuine scandisk card, or did you buy from ebay..there are many fakes that just dont work there ....I have scandisk card and have no problems at all, I bought in a shop and that obviously reflects in the cost, but at least I know its genuine and I can get my money back if it goes faulty

Old 16-08-2006, 08:11 AM

Possibly not genuine (looks genuine), How can i tell ? Bought it from ebay. Works fine in my digi camera though?

Old 16-08-2006, 08:21 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmouk
Possibly not genuine (looks genuine), How can i tell ? Bought it from ebay. Works fine in my digi camera though?
I am guessing its not genuine if you bought from ebay..its well known that there are many scandisk fakes there,

Not sure how to check either, but if it was cheap it is probably fake...its always a good way to tell.

I heard people have problems with the fake cards, but didnt yet hear anybody have problems with genuine cards.

Old 16-08-2006, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info Cash. BTW - has yours got any numbers/stickers or anything on the back of the actual card ? Cheers

Update - Yep, its fake. Just rang Sandisk. That obviously explains the problems and probably everyone elses with a sandisk from ebay.

Last edited by bigmouk; 16-08-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Old 16-08-2006, 11:38 AM

duckson is on a distinguished road
Been using an Adata 2Gb from emartbuyer with zero issues for the month i've owned the N80!

Old 16-08-2006, 04:55 PM

ukmic is on a distinguished road
I bought a sandisk 2GB of ebay for 32, I then realized it could of been a fake (first time buying a card) I recieved it and had it working fine, I emailed sandisk with pictures which they said it was fake as it didnt have a code on. The card itself has been fine and I have used it for over a month now, have about 1.5 - 1.6gb left not a hitch, none of this "no memory card inserted" it has been perfect. So either I have extremly good luck! or its actually genuine and sandisk are stupid!

Old 16-08-2006, 10:05 PM

matabele is on a distinguished road
I have been using a MyMemory 2GB 133X PRO Mini SD for a few months now, nearly 1GB used, with no problems so far.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/MyM...3X/PRO/Mini/SD

now only 27

Old 16-08-2006, 11:19 PM

Jaime_Starr is on a distinguished road
I bought a no name one off ebay for a bit under 15 and its been fine. Didnt spend a great deal on it in case there was a problem but all it has to do is work and Im happy. If I ever have to replace it then Ill get another cheap one. I back up all my stuff on my laptop each night anyways so I wont loose anything if something happens. My last phone had a 512MB MMC card which was also no name and it never failed so I bought this mini SD from the same people. I dont see a problem buying cheapo ones from asia as thats where theyre made anyways. I wouldnt buy a branded one like sandisk or sony or anything because the fake ones might be of different quality and I too have heard of issues with branded fakes.
Ads

Old 17-08-2006, 11:59 AM

fdxd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matabele
I have been using a MyMemory 2GB 133X PRO Mini SD for a few months now, nearly 1GB used, with no problems so far.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/MyM...3X/PRO/Mini/SD

now only 27
Same here works great so far!