All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-09-2006, 05:50 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
It must be for S60v3 version.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:48 AM

Oxygen Support is on a distinguished road
Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS Phones should be installed on the PC, then the phone should be connected to the program, and in this way you may edit the phonebook, To-DO list and Calender, Gallery, Message section fro your PC in the phone.
Please specify your connection type if you need connection instructions.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:39 PM

niksalt is on a distinguished road
Ringtone problems

[quote=stuclark]Re: crashing problems - there's a known problem with some (most) ringtones crashing the phone if the 3-d Tones options are activated. If you turn this off, then the phone won't crash when playing ringtones.

I've got a very similar problem with my N73 and I've tried turning off the 3D tones without any success. Almost every time i recieve a call the ring tone breaks down really badly and sounds like it's running in slow motion! I got rid of my N70 after a year of suffering with exactly the same problem. After various firmware updates and sending the phone back to Vodafone for repair nothing fixed the problem.

The thought of putting up with this for the duration of a brand new 18 month contract is not an appealling one. Anyone else ever experienced this with either the N70 or N73 and if so, is there a way to stop it happening?

Firmware version: 2.0628.001

Last edited by niksalt; 04-10-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:55 PM

[quote=niksalt]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark
Re: crashing problems - there's a known problem with some (most) ringtones crashing the phone if the 3-d Tones options are activated. If you turn this off, then the phone won't crash when playing ringtones.

I've got a very similar problem with my N73 and I've tried turning off the 3D tones without any success. Almost every time i recieve a call the ring tone breaks down really badly and sounds like it's running in slow motion! I got rid of my N70 after a year of suffering with exactly the same problem. After various firmware updates and sending the phone back to Vodafone for repair nothing fixed the problem.

The thought of putting up with this for the duration of a brand new 18 month contract is not an appealling one. Anyone else ever experienced this with either the N70 or N73 and if so, is there a way to stop it happening?

If after several firmware upgrades, the problem still the same, is a damage unit, isnīt it? Try change with the garantee process!

Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM

ashbrow is on a distinguished road
ringtone fault

[quote=niksalt]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark
Re: crashing problems - there's a known problem with some (most) ringtones crashing the phone if the 3-d Tones options are activated. If you turn this off, then the phone won't crash when playing ringtones.

Ive got same prob. have swapped phone for new 1 with same prob. Also intermittant bluetooth connection to motorla headset. both phones have had the same faults. i have found no cure yet. Incidently,the rigntone i use is clock alert 2.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:06 AM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
[quote=ashbrow]
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksalt

Ive got same prob. have swapped phone for new 1 with same prob. Also intermittant bluetooth connection to motorla headset. both phones have had the same faults. i have found no cure yet. Incidently,the rigntone i use is clock alert 2.
Does anyone know if the intermittent Bluetooth connection drop issue is fixed by the 003 firmware?

I have this problem with both Motorola and Nokia headsets.

Somebody reported in a different forum on this site that the N73 holds its connection to a GPS after the upgrade.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
The 03 update fixes *most* of the bluetooth connection issues, but it is NOT a more stable firmware.

My recomendation is to wait for the next big firmware from Nokia, due roughly at the end of the month.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:39 PM

How do You know, that is on end of the month?

Old 11-10-2006, 02:54 PM

whatleydude is on a distinguished road
I've just got one of these on Vodafone...

..does anyone know where I can get Yahoo Go?

It's not at the Yahoo Go website (and yet it says it's compatible - GRR)

Old 11-10-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatleydude

On your N73 open "Downloads" (probably in the Apps folder).

Refresh the list and you should see Yahoo Go! at the start of the list. Install from there.

x

Old 11-10-2006, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes
On your N73 open "Downloads" (probably in the Apps folder).

Refresh the list and you should see Yahoo Go! at the start of the list. Install from there.

x
OK I just tried it myself and found it was taking 25 mins to download and install so I cancelled. It would obviously be better if we could download the installer over regular broadband to PC and install from there.

Anyone know where to find it?

x
Ads

Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM

whatleydude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes
OK I just tried it myself and found it was taking 25 mins to download and install so I cancelled. It would obviously be better if we could download the installer over regular broadband to PC and install from there.

Anyone know where to find it?

x

I accidentally uninstalled that 'download' app when i was cleaning out my phone..

WHOOPS.

Do you know where I can get THAT piece of software?!

lol

Old 23-10-2006, 08:35 AM

Wez69 is on a distinguished road
Ive managed to flash an N73 no problems...

Wez

Old 23-10-2006, 08:57 AM

fjompa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatleydude

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=127037

Old 23-10-2006, 03:05 PM

jonne is on a distinguished road
Audio level and secondary cam

When running java apps I can't turn down the volume.

The secondary video camera (for video calls) has a lot of noise and seems to be white balanced for outdoor use and stucked. The video are VERY red indoors.

Blue noise on main cam in low light conditions.

When I have made my own shortcut configurations to the shortcut botton (the right one) I can't do any changes to it anymore.

Edit: The DRM protection stops med from sending my own files to another phone, stupid!

Last edited by jonne; 13-11-2006 at 10:54 AM.