All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-07-2006, 08:29 AM

ghani is on a distinguished road
Nokia 6630: Log & Calls List Updating Error

Hello
I am using Nokia 6630... All is fine... but sometimes the Calls List (Dialling Numbers, Missed Calls, Recvd Calls) option is STOPED updating, means that .......

1.When i Dialed someones number by default that recently called Number comes in the list at the TOP, that way its really easy to find and dial that same number later, and thats a STANDARD option in all type of mobiles, we all are using nowadays.

2. When someone calls me and i recvd his call... the same number comes on TOP in the recvd Calls list.

3. When i recv a Miss Call... the same number comes on TOP in the Missed Calls list.

4. When i send sms to somebody i recvd a delivery report (my mobile operator provides me that facility)... the same Report comes in the List of SMS REPORTS and updated from Pending to DELIVERED when sms delivered.

Also all these things store in the MENU--> LOG option with some more detail like Call DURATION.

My problem is that sometimes.... i am not able to figureout when and how it happenes.... that... the UPDATION of all those LOGs are stucked/stoped :-(

i try to clear all LOGs and RESTART my Mobile-Nokia-6630 but problem remains there.... then i try to Switch Off Mobile, Remove Battery, SIM, Memory Card and then let the mobile un-active for a half an hour or so.... later i Put Connection SIM back, Install Battery, Switched ON my Mobile, and then Insert my Memory Card back.... Mobile Phone starts working 100% OK.... storing all the information and starts LOG updation as there wasnt any problem at all.... but during that Error what ever i done is not stored and missed....

1. So do i know whats the PROBLEM is This???

2. if its a Manufacturing fault.... How can i save the TIME that i have to wait during SWITCHING OFF my mobile???

3. What Will be the BEST SOLUTION for THIS ERROR???

Thanks in Advance
Ads

Old 17-10-2006, 08:02 AM

asgars is on a distinguished road
Log & Calls List Updating Error

Even i have faced a similar problem in my N72. Donno y this happens. I just restarted the phone and it started working properly.... :(