All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-07-2006, 11:17 PM

elacy3 is on a distinguished road
my phone is running slow ever since i added a 1 gig card.

I need help my phone(6682) is running extremely slow ever since i added a 1 gig kingston memory card. i transfer 125 songs on to it and noticed that it started running slow so i deleted about 10 songs and took out the memory card reinstalled it and it seemed to run fast again , but then i notice i wasnt able to open a few of the options , like the tools , images ,office and my own. so i took out the battery and reinstalled it and it started running slow again. what can i do.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
jakgelap

I think its about a mmc brand. Some mmc are slow to be read/write by the phone. And larger capacity mmc make the phone more time to read/write. So it will make your phone slow. It not the phone problem, just the mmc is.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:36 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Its a Kingston related problem. Search is this forum, because I remember someone who said the same about a Kingston Card. I have 1Gb Card and running normaly.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM

elacy3 is on a distinguished road
Question

Isnt there something i can do to make it run faster? when i recieved it i just put it in the phone i didnt format it or anything ,so would that be why its running slow? also what memory card works best in this phone 6682 i was told that the 6682 wasnt meant to have anything over a 512 but i kept hearing about how it worked great with a 1 gig card so i got a 1gig.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:50 PM

batuzai_23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elacy3
Isnt there something i can do to make it run faster? when i recieved it i just put it in the phone i didnt format it or anything ,so would that be why its running slow? also what memory card works best in this phone 6682 i was told that the 6682 wasnt meant to have anything over a 512 but i kept hearing about how it worked great with a 1 gig card so i got a 1gig.
If you really prefer a 1 gig mem card. I suggest you use the brand transcend mmc mobile dual voltage. it is a high speed mmc. You see, it is recommended to use a dual voltage mmc card if you want it to go faster and everything over 128mb card, dual voltage is the 1 you should use.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:59 PM

luiskim is on a distinguished road
i got an atp 1gb dv-rs-mmc card and never had an issue with it on my 6682.
a friend of mine bought a 2 gb mmc card for his 6630 and did didn't work. i put my mmc on his and no problem at all...
try atp. they seem to be pretty fast too,

Old 21-07-2006, 06:07 PM

mcntct is on a distinguished road
A similar problem that i have noticed is I cannot set ringtone from my mp3 files which i could do before ( with the MMc card provided by nokia ) is there a workaround ??

Old 23-07-2006, 01:17 PM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
I've experienced that new MMC alway corrupted. Try to fix it. Key in "search" for "Corrupted MMC Fix" by me...