All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-06-2006, 12:49 AM

nmittar is on a distinguished road
Battery Life of Nokia N91

I just bought a Nokia N91 and have used it for only 5 days. I have a big concern over its battery life. My battery lasts for only 24 hours with about 1.5 hour of music and about 20-25 minutes of talk time. I keep all other applications closed to increase battery life (i keep my phone in silent mode).

Please let me know if there is something wrong with my phone or battery. Or it is the typical of Nokia N91.

I would appreciate any tips for increasing battery life. Are there any high capacity batteries available for use in this high end phones.

Thanks very much

Old 29-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Actually closing down other application wont make that much of a difference (unless they are poorly coded).

And no thats not typical. Most N91 will do 8 hours of music playback on a single charge.

Power saving tips:
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Turn off WLAN scanning
- Swicth the phone to GSM Mode (rather than Dual mode) if you do not use 3G. If your phone is in an area with no signal for prolonged periods switch the phone to offline mode (this stops it using power when looking for a connection).

Old 30-06-2006, 12:28 AM

nmittar is on a distinguished road
Hi Rafe
Thanks a lot for the reply. My phone was in dual mode and automatic network setting. I just set it on GSM mode only and I hope it will extend battery life.