All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-12-2002, 02:58 PM

psiloc is on a distinguished road
eidrian,

Yes, you are right - Space Doubler compresses only files from application folder (except some special applications support, implemented from version 1.05).

Compressing of files inside \System folders structure is very dangerous - some of them may be used by system or must be available during power on process.
Space Doubler skips these files (leave them untouched).

But don't worry about not compressed disk space - 99% of applications does not put anything inside \System.

BR,

Robert
PsiNT

Old 18-12-2002, 03:20 AM

seanmiguel is on a distinguished road
really nice to see developers passing by the threads! thanks so much Robert!

great app! great customer relations! what else can you ask for! 8)

Old 18-12-2002, 11:07 AM

eidrian is on a distinguished road
I agree it make sense to not compress files from system folders, not only because is dangerous, but because there are files that should run in the background.

On the other hand, I have version 1.0 and I never had any problems with it, until recently Every time I start WAP browser the RealOne player is decompressed automatically, then when I put the WAP browser in the background the RealOne is compressed automatically, and when I put again the WAP browser in the foreground, the RealOne player is decompressed again. :( This is very annoying because RealOne is very big and take some times to compress/decompress it. I don't know how to get rid of this situation, so now I have to start first RealOne even if I don't use it, so it will be already decompressed when starting WAP browser, then I can use WAP browser without problems. Any idea how to solve this?

Old 18-12-2002, 11:11 AM

psiloc is on a distinguished road
eidrian,

Sure.

Please install version 1.07 of Space Doubler (available from our website) and disable "Special support for - RealOne".

BR,

Robert

PsiNT

Old 18-12-2002, 12:20 PM

eidrian is on a distinguished road
Thanks Robert for your promptness. I tried the new version and indeed my problem is solved now. Besides, there are new good features in that version. I also noticed a better compression for small apps of 10-15 kb (like RemoteCam, CamTimer, etc.), and memory info looks very good. The only problem is with the request to unpack everything before installing the new verison, I cannot do that as I would have -200 kb free space , so I took the risk to install without unpacking first. I had no problems so far.

Old 23-07-2003, 11:22 AM

help plz

Could someone please e-mail me: moony_s8n@hotmail.com

i seem to be having small problems puuting my files into space doubler. I downloaded the vid recorder earlier, and that has gone in sdoubler, maybe by default, but thats the only program that i can compress at the moment. How do i do it?

cheers
Ads