All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Podcasting under the microsocope

No, not the technology, this is the Podcasting application that Nokia has released as a free beta for all 3rd Edition smartphones. If there's anyone around here who knows a bit about podcasting then it's our own Ewan. Here's his review.

Read on in the full article.
Ads

Old 21-06-2006, 12:16 PM

JuhaN is on a distinguished road
There is one quite annoying feature in the current release of Nokia Podcasting app (and most of other current S60 3rd ed software also). It just quits if I try to paste link of podcast rss-feed to address bar with E61's "ctrl+v".

I can uderstand that this keypad combination is new in E61 and "ctrl+x" and "ctrl+c" seem to work in all applications but it's quite unacceptable that an application made by Nokia themselves doesn't support paste. Many other applications suffer from this too but it can be fixed as current version of OperaMobile can paste with "ctrl+v" and first version of Opera did quit too...

=)juha