All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Keypad problem

Does anybody have problems with the 3,6 and 9 keys, I find them hard to push in and they dont register what I am pressing when I press them all the time unless I press really hard and move my finger on the button, they dont click nicely like the other keys on the keypad

Old 10-06-2006, 04:43 PM

GazP is on a distinguished road
nope mine seem totally fine... maybe the keypads slightly out of place?

I think the design was a tiny bit rushed on this model....
Does everybody else have a gap on the right of the RED / C button? The front bezel seems to have the hole for the buttons in slightly too far to the right.

When I opened my first N80 in store, the PEN button, was actually stuck UNDER the bezel. The manager of the store was so pissed off... he had actually had this N80 taxied down from another town just for me... He said come back in a few weeks and he will swap it.

**** Whilst typing this...

I locked the phone, and ran my thumb from GREEN to RED, pushing hard, a few times... and it has reposisitioned the keypad centrally.

Maybe you can do the same on the numerical keypad, from right to left? (presuming thats whats stoping the 3 6 9 keys working properly)

Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazP
nope mine seem totally fine... maybe the keypads slightly out of place?

I think the design was a tiny bit rushed on this model....
Does everybody else have a gap on the right of the RED / C button? The front bezel seems to have the hole for the buttons in slightly too far to the right.

When I opened my first N80 in store, the PEN button, was actually stuck UNDER the bezel. The manager of the store was so pissed off... he had actually had this N80 taxied down from another town just for me... He said come back in a few weeks and he will swap it.

**** Whilst typing this...

I locked the phone, and ran my thumb from GREEN to RED, pushing hard, a few times... and it has reposisitioned the keypad centrally.

Maybe you can do the same on the numerical keypad, from right to left? (presuming thats whats stoping the 3 6 9 keys working properly)
Haha, I just repositioned my red C buttan also ..will have a look at the main keyboard now

Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM

GazP is on a distinguished road
Problem is, after about an hour of bieng in my pocket is is out of place again.... wierd.. definatly a small design flaw there!
Ads