All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-06-2006, 11:55 PM

PaulyLaw is on a distinguished road
Niggly N80 Software questions

Hmmm .. a couple of things that have been bugging me which I thought I would share and see if anyone can shed any light :-)

1) I have started using Real Player since moving to S60 v3, as it seems to be a little clearer than Smart Movie, but am I just being really dense or are there no playback controls, ie skip forwards or rewind. I have a few 20 - 30 minute sports clips that I put together which I can not jump forwards or backwards when playing.

2) Where has my full version of Quick Office gone? When I first received my N80 I played around quickly with the installed Quick Office but didnt do anything much with it, although I am sure I remember being able to edit a word document. Anyway, a few weeks later and a firmware upgrade later I went to install the full version, couldn't find it on the CD so went to download it from the support pages only to find the viewer software only. Was I just imagining the full version?

Any info would be appreciated :-)

Ps .. did the firmware upgrade tonight, took me about an hour (during which time I was convinced I was gonna totally mess up my phone), and the great news is I am now finally able to browse web pages without the CONSTANT low memory warnings, and I can actually watch video files more than a minute long !!

Old 05-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
For Quickoffice - I think you were imagining the full version - the editing functionality will be available soon-ish via download.