All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Veridian5

Nokia N70 auto connect via bluetooth?

Is it possible to get Nokia PC Suite to automaticly connect to, and sync with, a nokia N70 at startup and also at the specified interval in the sync settings.

My mac has this feature for my ericsson but I just can't seem to get anything happening autmoticaly on my PC!

Theres no point having bluetooth if I have to 'make a connection' in PC Suite every single time I want to sync the phone over bluetooth.

Any help would be great. Also if you have this working please let me know what versions of software, bluetooth dongle you are running..

Thanks in advance.

Old 30-03-2006, 11:08 AM
manta

You have to set your phone and PC as trusted/authorised devices in Bluetooth settings when you make the Bluetooth connection. This ensures that PC Suite regognises your phone each time the phone comes close enough to the computer.(remember that it is not enough to connect the phone with the Bluetooth sw, you also need to use PC Suite get connected wizard to pair PC Suite and phone together. But this is needed only once, not everytime.

Then select PC Sync and settings. Go to advanced and select "syncronise in every connection" (there is another option about some intervals also, I don't remember what it is and i donšt have that available now, so check for yourself.)

This is what I use, works great(I use Microsoft Bluetooth, did use Widcomm also, but that created sometimes problems in startups nd standby, the connection recovery did not happen every time. But Microsoft BT works.
Ads

Old 19-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Veridian5

Thanks Manta..

Thats how I had it setup, however, I have discouvered that the BlueSoleil dongle and software is the problem...(even if you use the latest version)

I trashed it all and restarted with my Billionton bluetooth dongle using the Mircrosoft bluetooth stack and it works perfectly...

every time I come into the room it now pairs automatically and syncs every 15 minutes.

if your having this problem and you have a BlueSoleil throw it in the bin and get something else that supports the default XP drivers.

Old 20-04-2006, 01:33 PM

steff2632 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridian5
Thanks Manta..

Thats how I had it setup, however, I have discouvered that the BlueSoleil dongle and software is the problem...(even if you use the latest version)

I trashed it all and restarted with my Billionton bluetooth dongle using the Mircrosoft bluetooth stack and it works perfectly...

every time I come into the room it now pairs automatically and syncs every 15 minutes.

if your having this problem and you have a BlueSoleil throw it in the bin and get something else that supports the default XP drivers.
no need to do that, theres a post over on the n3230 side of the forum about pc suite & bluesoliel.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...t=42191&page=3