All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-03-2006, 07:53 PM

william.gunn is on a distinguished road
Nokia Audio Manager

I just got a 512 Kingston RSDVMMC card for my 6682(unbranded from letstalk.com, with Cingular GEMPLUS 64K SIM), and i'm finding that transferring music to the phone is a painful process. The audio manager software appears to work great. Drop a .m3u file on there, and the tracks on that playlist get queuedup for transfer. The problem, however, is in the transfer. I can drop a couple files at a time on the phone, and if I sit there and state at the progress indicator, they eventually get on the phone, but if I try to transfer more than a couple files at a time, or defocus the window to do something like post a message on a bulletin board, the transfers all eventually time out and cancel. When the files are transferring, the progress indicator is slow and frequently pauses for several seconds. Google Local for Mobile and some other apps have had long, unresponsive pauses too since I've put this memory card in. Has enyone else experienced a similar problem? Transfers seem to go fast at first, then crap out after a while. Could something be getting overloaded of overheated?

My firmware is 3.01.1, but since I have the unbranded version, I don't want to take it into a cingular store to get the firmware updated to 4.62, if that means I'm going to have the buggy cingular "customizations" added. Can I get the firmware from Nokia and flash the phone myself? If so, where do I get it, and what equipment do I need. I only have the DKU-2 cable.

Thanks in advance!
Ads

Old 21-03-2006, 12:42 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
Are u using the latest ver of PC Suite?

U've to buy the firmware. Take a look at GSM Evolution also u need an expensive tools such as the flashing box, PC and of course a good brain. Nokia doesn't give firmware for free.

Old 22-03-2006, 03:27 PM

Can I send it to Nokia for flashing?

Yeah, it's the latest version of PC Suite.

I guess I should ask letstalk.com or Nokia, but does anyone know if I can send it back to Nokia for flashing if I can't do it myself? I don't know if I trust the fly-by-night operations that come up in a search.

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a card reader that reads RS DV MMC?

Next question - Is there a way to send whole folders via bluetooth? I can only do it one at a a time, which is pretty lame.

Last edited by william.gunn; 22-03-2006 at 03:30 PM.

Old 23-03-2006, 02:18 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
I've got this from forum nokia:

Code:
Re: BT - PC Suite - phone docs
I have moved this thread to a more approrpiate section.

The new version of PC Suite comes with the advise that if your are running under Windows XP you should remove the Widcomm stack and use the native Microsoft Bluetooth one instead. Maybe using the native Windows Stack for windows 2000 might be of help.

[Note: In future place postings at http://www.nokia.com/support for consumer support requests]

Hope this helps
I'm often gettin' error abt "Stack" & "unknown phone". running under W2K Pro SP4, latest ver PC Suite, Nokia 6630. I just restart my PC or pairing again (phone-pcsuite). Sometimes I delete the pairing names.

Old 23-03-2006, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the tip.(n/t)

n/t

Old 24-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
See http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/suppo...c_function.php for some ideas on better ways to proceed.

Steve