All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-11-2005, 02:45 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
SIM card not valid!

I had my phone (Nokia 3230) infected by Cabir.c virus (Kaspersky Anti Virus (KAV) - trial version). KAV deleted this file. After that, my phone often getting error "SIM card not valid" after boot. I had try with another antivirus app. such as KAV (I try it again for sure that my phone already cleaned by virus), CalvinStinger (I did this twice) and last with Symantec Mobile Security (trial version with the latest update). But the problem still appear. I had read about Cabir.c virus from F-Secure web site and Symantec and it seems nothing meet my problem.

I've been trying to use BlackBaller app. (app. that will block incoming call, SMS & MMS). Was it because of this app.? I'm also trying with another blocker app such as BlackList, IVCM, CallMagic and SMSMachine. Turn it on at the same time to know which one is the good app. by me.

Old 17-11-2005, 08:31 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Start by testing the SIM card in another phone to ensure that it is OK.

If it is, I'd try reformatting the device and checking that the SIM card works then: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=17507

After that restore backups, reinstall apps, etc., if everything is still OK.
Ads

Old 18-11-2005, 02:23 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Start by testing the SIM card in another phone to ensure that it is OK.
Damn, that's it I forgot about this method
But the other problem already solved right now. The virus came with app WOWScreen:

BTW:
I don't want to hard format my dev. I have Symantec Mobile Security antivirus on my phone with the lastest update and seems that Symantec doesn't has the feature to install this on memory card include the update. I just try to copy all file from dir. c:\system\apps\symlu\prodlist to my MMC but I'm not trying it yet. Have u know about this?

Here ia the list of files (c:\system\apps\symlu\prodlist):
-antivirus.dat
-virusdef.dat
-wlu.dat
I believe that those files were the update files (correct me if I was wrong) & sorry for my bad English.

Some experts told me that try to delete all of the data (contacts) on the SIM card. But how to restore it back (did u know how to backup contacts on SIM card?)

Best regards,

rulirahm

PV: 1st time I was in this forum, I often see user with name kamalayan. Did u know that he/she still stay in this forum?

Last edited by rulirahm; 18-11-2005 at 04:21 AM.