All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-10-2005, 04:48 PM

wormie_dk is on a distinguished road
Psiloc programs not starting automatically

Hi there

My phone crashed totally so I had to do a hard reset by green + * + 3 when turning on... After doing this and reinstalling the phone psilocs programs (screensaver + eprofiles) do not start automatically after poweron... That means that the screensaver won't work unless I open the settings for it each time I power on. Similarly eprofiles won't change profiles unless I manually start eprofiles each time I turn on the phone.

Is there anywhere were I can see which programs run at startup (something like the start folder in windows?) And how can I solve the problem?

Thanks

David

Old 17-10-2005, 09:58 AM

PsilocSupport is on a distinguished road
Hi
Please check if you got the latest verisons of the applications. You can also try to remove all Psiloc applications from your phone, including all 'Common...' components (if any) - this can be done from Application Manager. After that please restart your phone and reinstall the program from our web site once again. Please install application in phone memory.

Old 17-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Rich_uk is on a distinguished road
i too have been having this problem with eprofiles pro (registered version). i have installed the latest version from the website but this didn't help. after removing and installing several times i got the auto start to work but at the cost of getting the error message 'app. closed main' when the phone starts? (but this doesn't seem to affect anything else). i have removed some expired psiloc trail programs but this didn't work. how do i find any remaining 'Common...' components? i see there are lots of apps in the Application Manager that i don't recognise, i don't want to remove any components that i need for other functions?
cheers
Ads

Old 18-10-2005, 08:11 AM

New version

Please make sure if you got the latest versions of the application. New versions have these bug fixed.

Old 18-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocSupport
Please make sure if you got the latest versions of the application. New versions have these bug fixed.
thanks for the reply,
this is strange, i have version 2.30 installed? i have now removed the program, and installed the free trail of efile manager and removed all the unnecessary files from the phone. i then deleted this app and switched the phone off, removed the battery and memory card for 2 minutes (dunno if this makes a difference?) and then reinstalled eprofiles pro. but still i get the error message 'app. closed main' ??
makes no difference if the app is installed to the phone or the memory card

Last edited by Rich_uk; 18-10-2005 at 09:55 PM.

Old 19-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Remove

If you use Application Manager you can remove all 'Common..' components- it's only Psiloc's.

The latest versions are:

Extended File Manager - 2.10
use this link to download:
http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?act...leItem&ida=300

Screen Saver - 2.10
use this link to download:
http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?act...leItem&ida=298

Old 20-10-2005, 10:16 PM

well i'm still not having any luck here. I've looked everywhere for files that might of been left behind after uninstalling but i cannot find any i've missed but there has to be a file on the phone somewhere because when i install the program to the phone with no memory card in, i still get the error message and all my schedules are still as i left them. could the error be something to do with this file not being deleted?
thanks again
Rich

Old 27-10-2005, 08:37 AM

to Rich_uk:
did you try to format your phone?

Warning: formatting the internal drive results in ALL DATA being removed. So, don't forget to make a backup before formatting. Please also remember to charge your battery (it should be at least 75% charged).

Old 27-10-2005, 06:19 PM

thanks again,
I've formatted the phone but I'm still getting the error message?
with no memory card there's no error.
with the program installed to the phone, i get the error.
with the program installed to the memory card i get the error.
must be something within the program that the phone doesn't like?
what is the application 'app closed main' anyway? i don't suppose its anything to do with the dreadful homescreen application the Orange UK network have added to this phone?

EDIT:
don't know why i didn't think of trying this last night but i have just formated the phone again and with no memory card in i installed eprofiles without reinstalling my backup (and no other programs) but three quarters of the way through the installation i got the 'app. closed main' message pop up and the program fails to auto start again.
this has to be something to do with the phones firmware as the program ran fine before it had a firmware update to version 3.0517.1 ??

Last edited by Rich_uk; 05-11-2005 at 11:16 AM.