All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-09-2005, 02:28 PM

eddiemac is on a distinguished road
Synching Outlook through PC Suite

Help!!!!

Have setup 9300 and PC suite and mail syncs fine. I have also setup an email account that will pickup messages when connected to GPRS.

THe problem I have is that these 2 accounts are the same and when I synch through PC suite it does not update the email account. Have looked through setting and unless I'm missing something obvious is there not a way to sync the same mailbox through cable and GPRS?? Oh its an IMAP mailbox!!

Cheers for any help anyone can give me on this.
Ads

Old 10-10-2005, 09:43 AM
manta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemac
Help!!!!

Have setup 9300 and PC suite and mail syncs fine. I have also setup an email account that will pickup messages when connected to GPRS.

THe problem I have is that these 2 accounts are the same and when I synch through PC suite it does not update the email account. Have looked through setting and unless I'm missing something obvious is there not a way to sync the same mailbox through cable and GPRS?? Oh its an IMAP mailbox!!

Cheers for any help anyone can give me on this.
You can configure 3 types of mailboxes to your device: IMAP/POP3 mailbox, remote mail sync box and PC Suite profile email box.
I assume you have now IMAP email box and PC Suite email box configured.
They are not connected to each other meaning let's assume you:
- sync locally between PC and phone your emails using PC Suite/Sync (meaning your Outlook mails and phone PC Suite profile emails are in sync) Your phone's IMAP email box is not connected to Outlook at this phase.
- When you next time connect over GPRS to get your emails, those are syncronised to your phone's IMAP email box.

I can be the same mail server or a different mails server than the local one and as said, those profiles are not connected.