All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-09-2005, 07:36 AM

o_xx_o is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Signal problems with Cingular and 6670

I have a really terrible problem with Cingular... I have a Nokia 6670, bought in Viet Nam, and it is an unlocked one. I brought it to US and sign up a Goplan with Cingular. Be4 the Katrina hurricane, everything worked very well. During the hurricane, i accidentally locked the SIM card, so after that i went to Cingular store and bought a new SIM card on September 6, and everything worked back even though sometimes i had to restarted my phone to get the signal. UNtil Sept 14, my phone didn't get any signal although i tried restarted the phone hundreds of times. So i went to Cingular store again and asked for their advice. They put my SIM card to their phone and it worked, so they told me it was because of my phone. I went home and borrowed my friend's SIM card and put in my cellphone, guess what my phone got full bar of signal, and my friend's phone got full signal with my SIM card too. Once again, i went to Cingular store and told them the problem, they gave me a new SIM card, and tell my to wait 30 minutes for the service recognized the new SIM card. However, after 30 minutes, my phone still didn't get any signal with the new SIM card, and did the same thing as the old SIm card. After a while, with the new SIM card my phone got 1 bar of signal for 1 minutes, and i made a call to my friend's phone. BUt after that, still no signal until now. What should i do now? Can anybody give a advice?

Old 27-10-2005, 11:07 PM
maverickxx

same problem here

I have the sam eproblem here.. did u resolve your problem yet?
Tmobile's sim card works fine on my phone but not cingular..
FYI cingular works on 850/1900 t mobile works on 1900 only..

Old 28-10-2005, 03:05 PM

o_xx_o is on a distinguished road
I called Cingular 611 and they said that the reason was of the cell town.. But, i changed to T-mobile because I can't wait too long not having a phone.
Ads