All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-09-2005, 02:59 AM

sophi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation need help

hi
my friend is using nokia 6600 phone,but from the day he started using bluetooth someone hacked his mms messages system and sending mms messages to everyone in his list and other ppl through his phone and i also got a message which my freind did not send me it was like "Released now for mobile,install it!Media dropped detais black listed-1 application/vnd.symbian.install."
This is how i am ended up on this site .can anyone tell me how to find out who is doing this and how can we stop it even the phone company does not know anything abt it they just said they can just lock mms message system but can't find out .If someone can help me iwill really appreciate it
thanx

Old 02-09-2005, 05:43 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Look at mobile "virus" (worm) descriptions (Cabir, Caribe, Skulls and their different variants) and removal instructions (and removal tools) on, e.g., F-Secure's web site: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/c.shtml

You could also simply try reformatting the phone, or have a Nokia repair/service center reflash it with whatever is the latest firmware version for the phone.
Ads

Old 03-09-2005, 03:37 AM

sophi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A
Look at mobile "virus" (worm) descriptions (Cabir, Caribe, Skulls and their different variants) and removal instructions (and removal tools) on, e.g., F-Secure's web site: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/c.shtml

You could also simply try reformatting the phone, or have a Nokia repair/service center reflash it with whatever is the latest firmware version for the phone.
Thanx N/A that was a good help i have looked at that site.I hope I will Help my friend to Get rid Of that virus