All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 PM

piranha is on a distinguished road
Article Dust in 3230 Solved

Ok, to hell with Nokia Service centres/ customer care centres or whatever they want to call themselves.
Here is a quick, cheap and simple cure for the dust problem.

Open and clean your phone which can be done in 2 minutes flat (especially if you've done it a hundred times in the last couple of months)

on the screen surround (the steel bit) attach thin strips of double sided tape (the cusioned type) (and do not remove the top layer of protectave tape (so that it will not stick to the original, unaffectave dust seal))
close your phone and you're done.

If your positioned the tape in the correct place, this will be the last time you opened your phone!!!!

BTW I'm not responsable for anyone breaking their phone so don't blame me if you do!!!.

I'm not one to post much in forums, so if you have any questions mail me on james_aquilina@hotmail.com

Old 10-08-2005, 10:20 PM

piranha is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Update

Ok, i've had my phone rolling around in dust all day and there's some news, good and bad!!!

Good: The phone still works, NO DUST IN THE SCREEN
Bad: while throwing my phone around in mounds of dust for "testing" the keypad is caked in dust, and I have confirmed that the biggest problem is the joystick (as everyone's been saying), Now i'm going to spend the next couple of hours pulling my phone apart and cleaning it!!
Ads

Old 12-08-2005, 06:31 PM

ceecrb1 is on a distinguished road
woo hoo...

excelent.. just "added" your mod to my phone.. will come back in 2 weeks with "test results"

good excuse not to clean my house i say!

Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
neha_modi2@yaho

2300 query

in nokia 2300 car symbol comes without connecting car kit. After car symol appears on screen there are so many problems occurs in handser like no ring tone,no incoming & outgoing,etc..so
what to do with the handset 2300? Is there any major problem with handset ?

Old 12-10-2005, 02:46 PM

bonny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranha
Ok, to hell with Nokia Service centres/ customer care centres or whatever they want to call themselves.
Here is a quick, cheap and simple cure for the dust problem.

Open and clean your phone which can be done in 2 minutes flat (especially if you've done it a hundred times in the last couple of months)

on the screen surround (the steel bit) attach thin strips of double sided tape (the cusioned type) (and do not remove the top layer of protectave tape (so that it will not stick to the original, unaffectave dust seal))
close your phone and you're done.

If your positioned the tape in the correct place, this will be the last time you opened your phone!!!!

BTW I'm not responsable for anyone breaking their phone so don't blame me if you do!!!.

I'm not one to post much in forums, so if you have any questions mail me on james_aquilina@hotmail.com
buddy just tell me how to open the phone. i opened the back slide part and saw two small screws there. do i need to open those screw to clean the dust or there is any other way also?

Old 13-10-2005, 08:48 AM

hirsty is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny
buddy just tell me how to open the phone. i opened the back slide part and saw two small screws there. do i need to open those screw to clean the dust or there is any other way also?
You need to gently prise off the black plastic 'top' part (goes from above the camera, over the power button to the front speaker) using something SOFT like a fingernail or plastic. I used a screwdriver first time and knarled up the soft plastic ...

There are four torx screws to undo (two hidden at top under black plastic part). The phone should come apart easily then for you.

Don't try to force anything, or try to remove the front without undoing all four screws - you're better off with dust than a broken phone.

Old 20-10-2005, 09:21 AM

bonny is on a distinguished road
thx for the guidelines buddy. will try it out.