Being the first time I have accessed this site I must apologise if this post is in the wrong group, or is in a FAQ. It does, however seem like a lot of people are having problems with email on their phone.
I use Vodafone (UK), and they were less than helpful and would not put me through to anyone who knew what they were talking about.
Through a bit of experimentation though, it is now working. I will describe a solution that worked for me on my 7650.
1. I subscribe to a GPTS price plan that allows data transfer (not only WAP).
2. I acquired an account at http://www.vodafone.net/
for free. (Lots of problems on that site!)
3. I disregarded the nice people on support line who said it would not be possible to access your email through a mobile phone (They thought I was crazy! :roll: )
4. The settings they tell you on the web site won't work (wrong GPRS Access Point).
5. After you have done points 1-4, do the following:
- Access the menu on your phone and go to: Tools->Settings->Connection->Access Point
6. Click on Options->New Access Point->Use default settings
7. Use the following settings:
Connection Name: <Whatever you like>
Data bearer: GPRS
Access point name: internet
User name: web
Prompt password: No
Gateway IP address 0.0.0.0
8. Go back and configure GPRS:
GPRS connection: When needed
Access point: internet
9. Exit and go to Messages to set up your mailbox:
Messageing -> Options -> Settings -> E-mail -> Mailboxes -> Options -> New mailbox
10. The settings should be:
Mailbox name: <Whatever>
Access Point in Use: Internet
My mail address: <yourusername>@vodafone.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.vizzavi.net
Send message: During next connection
Send copy to self: No
Include signature: No
User name: <Your voda.net username>
Incoming mail server: pop.vodafone.net
Mailbox type: POP3
APOP secure login: Off
Hope that helps. Please let me know if this works for you or not.