All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-11-2002, 03:26 PM

communicator is on a distinguished road
Communicator on LAN

Now i saw a software named Extended Internet , which lets us connect to internet via another GPRS phone , or modem , i was wondering will it be possible that if we connect it on or via Local Area Network ! i havent tried that yet , but if someone else did or know something about it , plz share it.

Old 06-11-2002, 03:33 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Yes, and in time I'll review this app and feature

but to keep it short, you'll need to install a mocha ppp client on your desktop pc and then you cna use Extended internet to connect to your lan through your desktop.

Old 06-11-2002, 03:58 PM

communicator is on a distinguished road
Thanks , Thats really great .... but what that mocha ppp client have to do it with ? wont that be possible without installing any additional software on pc .... like simply install extended internet on my communicator and put the serial cable on serial interface of my pc ... and start! 8)

becoz .. what incase when i use an external modem to connect to internet like Us robotics external.... put the serial cable in it and start ... where would i have to install mocha ppp then ?

:bday:

Old 06-11-2002, 04:11 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
check the extend internet site for the instructions.

The communicator can't force the computer tog ive you internet access through the serial.

The mocha ppp just needs to be installed on a pc with internet. When you then connect to serial, mochappp will detect this and use the pc's internet to provide you the internet

Old 24-11-2002, 04:29 PM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazler
check the extend internet site for the instructions.

The communicator can't force the computer tog ive you internet access through the serial.

The mocha ppp just needs to be installed on a pc with internet. When you then connect to serial, mochappp will detect this and use the pc's internet to provide you the internet
WHAT`s a mocha?

Old 24-11-2002, 11:48 PM

It's a company I think