All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 AM

tiewster is on a distinguished road
Animated wallpaper

Hi...i read from the instruction manual that the phone can use animated gif as wallpaper.....Anybody done it??? or....how to do it???

Old 11-06-2005, 08:03 PM

dukesatan is on a distinguished road
well sorry to say this but i sent an animated matrix style gif to my phone, in the message it was animated and you can set the pic as the background wallpaper, but it did not animate at all. I also saved the pic to the phone normally and using the current theme edited its background picture and again it was not animated, so unless someone can say otherwise i cant see animated wallpapers working, others comments?

Duke.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Merle

I also have the same problem, does anybody know how to animate the animated background. The website from nokia claims that animated backgrounds work on nokia 3230! (but they don't on mine)

Old 17-03-2006, 12:14 AM

dukesatan is on a distinguished road
Maybe someone with an updated firmware could try adding an animated gif as a background pic? see if it works on newer versions because it certainly does not seem to on older ones, unless its in a different format totally than a gif.

Duke.

Old 17-03-2006, 06:26 AM

jango28 is on a distinguished road
Animated wallpapers

A .gif file is composed of various 'still' frames. When you open it in a browser/viewer, it rapidly shows frame by frame which gives one an impression of animation.
When U set it as a wallpaper, only the first frame will be shown. This will be the case even in Windows OS. I don't think so U can have animated wallpapers. Atleast I haven't seen so. If anybody has actually 'seen' it, please clarify.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:32 PM

jjpig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jango28
A .gif file is composed of various 'still' frames. When you open it in a browser/viewer, it rapidly shows frame by frame which gives one an impression of animation.
When U set it as a wallpaper, only the first frame will be shown. This will be the case even in Windows OS. I don't think so U can have animated wallpapers. Atleast I haven't seen so. If anybody has actually 'seen' it, please clarify.
Yes. Right. Windows as a powerful OS still can't show animation if choose an animated gif as wallpaper.

But my another 3 phones might got a very strange virus. They are Nokia 6230, SonyEriccsson K608i, and SAMSUNG D508. They can show animation if I use animated gif as wallpaper. I hope my N70 can infect this virus.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A .gif file is composed of various 'still' frames.
I agree with this. I think its depend on the media (an app that handle the images). My phone can't show animated images too.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:08 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
False

Guys, how the hell can you say that Windows can't show animated wallpapers, are you using Windows 3.11? Are you insane? And by the way, I had a Samsung X600 and the wallpaper was animated. I don't know any Nokia with animated wallpaper, but the screen savers can be animated.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:12 PM

Bprsn is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia3230/2.0 (4.0526.2) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Yes,As i know,u cant set gif as wallpapers,if u set it wont animate.Better u download animated themes or screen savers.Itz really good,especially wow screens and dss screensavers.
Ads

Old 07-04-2006, 06:43 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
Yep, 3rd party app for screensaver, especially with anim. feature should be working