All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-06-2005, 08:13 AM

Tushar Rastogi is on a distinguished road
Smile Software that convert .jar, .class files to .sis files

well frnds thanx for the replies...

but i was not asking about illegal softwares. i was asking from where to download the .sis files for my phone. i can pay for them. but whereever i was looking for the were either.jar files for dictionary or .class files...no .sis file was there for dictionary.
and this is for the kind information to all that i have read the rules and regulations of the forum my frnds.

one more thing i wanna ask you frnds is that i have downloaded many games but they are only the class files with images and all. pls tell me is there any application or software from which i can convert .class files into sis files...pls help me. thanx in advance....

Old 05-06-2005, 06:43 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
When you buy an app from the shop (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/shop/) you will get a download link for the app. The download is either a .jar file (which is really just a zip file with a different extension for Java apps) or a .sis file (which is for "native" C++ Symbian apps).

In other words, buy the app and you will get the .sis or .jar to install. I always have.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM

Tushar Rastogi is on a distinguished road
Do .jar and .jad files work with nokia 3230....?

hello frnds....
i have a question for the mobile experts who are always here for help. Does .jar files and .jad files work with Nokia 3230...pls tell me...
thanx in advance....
tushar
Ads

Old 06-06-2005, 06:34 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
.jad (Java Archive Description) files are pretty much only text files that say where the .jar (Java ARchive) file is.

On the 3230 all .jar files that contain compatible MIDP 1.0 or MIDP 2.0 MIDlets (J2ME, Java 2 Micro Edition Java programs) should work. Especially those written to use Nokia UI (User Interface) programming interfaces and have been developed for Series 60 2.1 (Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 1) or earlier.

Old 15-11-2006, 01:53 PM

islam3simo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar Rastogi
well frnds thanx for the replies...

but i was not asking about illegal softwares. i was asking from where to download the .sis files for my phone. i can pay for them. but whereever i was looking for the were either.jar files for dictionary or .class files...no .sis file was there for dictionary.
and this is for the kind information to all that i have read the rules and regulations of the forum my frnds.

one more thing i wanna ask you frnds is that i have downloaded many games but they are only the class files with images and all. pls tell me is there any application or software from which i can convert .class files into sis files...pls help me. thanx in advance....
where is the program

Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM

stevieb14 is on a distinguished road
yeh this might sound dumb, but where is this software, i cant find it..?