All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Tushar Rastogi is on a distinguished road
my 3230 not getting connected to computer

hi frnds...

a small problem that i m facing is that i have just got my new 3230. trying to connect it to my computer with a usb data cable. followed all the procedures while installing the DUK-2 DRIVERS, DATA CABLE DRIVERS, NOKIA PC SUITE 6.5.

BUT, as soon as i connect my phone to the computer and start connection manager in pc suite it just goes and struck on connection and installing drivers.....

pls help me solving this problem. suggest me what should i do. if im going wrong somewhere correct me.....pls pls pls help me....

thanx in advance....

regards
tushar

Old 21-05-2005, 01:35 PM
manta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar Rastogi
hi frnds...

a small problem that i m facing is that i have just got my new 3230. trying to connect it to my computer with a usb data cable. followed all the procedures while installing the DUK-2 DRIVERS, DATA CABLE DRIVERS, NOKIA PC SUITE 6.5.

BUT, as soon as i connect my phone to the computer and start connection manager in pc suite it just goes and struck on connection and installing drivers.....

pls help me solving this problem. suggest me what should i do. if im going wrong somewhere correct me.....pls pls pls help me....

thanx in advance....

regards
tushar
It is of course difficult to try to help from distance, not seeing what is happening at your computer, but let me highlight a few things:
It is confucing that you list so many sw's that you have installed. The only package you need is the PC Suite 6.5, because it includes DKU-2 cable driver.

(And I hope you have DKU-2 and not DKU-5 cable)

So, I would uninstall from ADD/Remove programs everything you have installed. Then make sure you have the latest PC Suite 6.5 (from www.nokia.com/pcsuite).
BTW, Download it first sot hat ou save the package to your PC and start the installatio then by double clicking the PCSuite.exe package.

DO NOT ATTACH YOUR PHONE TO PC at this point.

After installation is finished, PC Suite's "Get Connected Wizard" will open and select "cable" and then connect the cable when the wizard asks you to do it. Then wait. Windows can be awfully slow in plug and play when it starts to install the drivers for the phone (there will be MANY, like "obex something", "general something" and "AT modem" and the lot. So please wait, the longest time I have heard is more than 25 mins. It can succeed in less than one minute (mine did), but it can take a lot of time, totally

Fortunately after the plug and play Windows driver installation is finished, you don't have to experience it again (unless you insert your phone and cable to another USB port, if you have many. Then it will install again the USB drivers. But if you put it to same slot every time, it just works.

I hope you try this and tell me did it help.

Old 21-05-2005, 09:14 PM

Tushar Rastogi is on a distinguished road
Smile thanx for reply

thanx manta....let me try it first then only i will be able to tell you about this...
Ads