All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-04-2005, 07:27 AM

kanchandas is on a distinguished road
Reload factory settings for Nokia 9500

Hi, can someone please assist me as to how I can bring my Nokia 9500 to the initial factory settings. I seem to have run into some virus related problems and hence this has become necessary. A small guide with the required software references would help.

Old 16-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
You couldn't possibly have run into any "virus related problems", it's probably some system files that have gotten corrupt. Reboot your Communicator (battery out), then press and hold Ctrl+Shift+F during start-up to reformat the device.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 07-05-2005, 05:09 AM

West is on a distinguished road
virus or corrupted sys files

you think i have the same problem? because whenever i send out messages (SMS) it just saves it to outbox...doesnt even go through. i have to reboot every now and then so that things would work back to normal. but after a while it just gets stuck up again. sometimes also a message keeps on sending forever if it goes unnoticed.

are my system files corrupted?

if i do a reformat. does it self reinstall or reformatting just means erasing everything.

sorry guys i just dont know what to do with my phone (9500)

Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Hi West, welcome to the forum.

What is your firmware version?

Reformatting just means bringing it back to the way it was coming out of the factory. It just removes all the stuff you have put into the C: drive - like your settings, apps, contacts, notes etc. You don't have to reinstall the OS or anything.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 PM

kbutcher5 is on a distinguished road
Thx raven, that really helped me out, where and how did you find that out, i think it's an excellent feature and it even asks before formatting the device
Ads