All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-10-2002, 02:44 AM

anthonyjcrocks is on a distinguished road
The SPV not as good as people think.....

You guys should check out this review ana honestly after reading about all the nonsense exctiement that people ar going on about.....it ain't too great....i mean...i was interested and all but the thing is that is is not that good at all....i have a review and i am really not impressed with the thing.....it lacks features conectivity sucks...it always disconnects all these things...and it is coming out next week.....man....that is really what the world needs huh...another average phone.......unlike the P800 with all it's features and bundled things....touch screen 3d games. The P800 is a really reliable phone and nothing would make me change my mind about it.......P800 rocks and will screw the SPV........major time
Review:http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/2481.html

Old 31-10-2002, 02:54 AM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
P800 reliable? Man where do you get your info? Its launch has been delayed for a reason! Its a nice phone but miles away from what you say it is! As the SVP concernes, I agree its not what the media tell you it is! Crap!

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 31-10-2002, 04:51 AM

n1ghtFLY is on a distinguished road
stop telling that P800 gonna rocks or whateva

cos u urself neva tried the thing urself the final one

and let me tell u something how can u play a driving game with full screen r u gonna roll ur jog dial-- Roll to the left roll to the right

also of course SPV cannot be compared to the P800. SPV is just a normal phone with the windows software and media player. P800 is a PDA

Just wait till ur beloved P800 comes out to the market. Until then just dream on

Old 05-11-2002, 05:08 AM

and so will wait for it to come....I was just making my point to everyone who says that the SPV is going to put the P800 out of busness. Let me serve that as a warning for all those who are getting sucked into MS's phone and thinking that the P800 is gonna die because of the SPV. Now i think and i would bet that a lot of people would think to that that statement is absolute rubbish because we know that SE is doing their best to give us quality products and delaying the product is actually a good thing because they are gonna release it as bug free, as reliable as they can. And i would rather them delay the product than release it two months earlier than get a cheap ass product which was not properly tested.

Old 05-11-2002, 06:27 PM

verko is on a distinguished road
:rainbow1:
totaly agree, it's gonna loose them some market but they will be known as the quality brand

Old 06-11-2002, 11:20 AM

hey thanks verko.... yeah the thing is that we need quality products...

Old 03-04-2003, 09:22 PM

spv - reliable!! HUH!

I managed to get through four SPV's until Orange finally gave up the ghost and replaced it for a P800 - wonderful machine. Looking forward to more software similar to the Psion 5mx.

Old 03-04-2003, 09:33 PM

Welcome to the club!!! I have had my P800 for 3 weeks now and it really is great and would never regret buying it. And now even as more apps are coming out and then the 128 stick is coming out.....It is going to even get better!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 10:44 PM

RickyTec is on a distinguished road
P800 vs SPV

Hi! Here in Portugal SPV is not sold, though i know the model from magazines. I read and decided to buy a P800 insted one week ago and... IT ROCKS!!!

Great games, very good in Internet with Opera, good agenda... and the MP3 player can be heard without phones... very cool!

Okay, sometimes breaks... but it's rare and the problem usually is the lack of memory... with the 128mb memorystick (soon i hope ) it will be resolved. If you don't have a P800, you better hurry cause i think they'll dissapear. In Portugal some stores sold all of them, and now it isn't easy to find the P800.

Old 03-04-2003, 10:46 PM

sKunk is on a distinguished road
Welcome to last year

Old 04-04-2003, 03:53 AM

Accela is on a distinguished road
I knew it would rock before I got it, thats why even a few days before it was released, I went out to bought one and got it.

Old 04-04-2003, 04:14 AM

Here in Hong Kong, I bugged SE from November till the 13th of March.....which was the day it was released here and the day I got it!!!

Old 04-04-2003, 01:40 PM

Muzikfreakah is on a distinguished road
I was able to get my hands on that phone here in the Philippines. A company called Smart is giving it away to their subscribers. Its a heavy thing, form factor isnt that good at all.. Surfing is so cluttered up.. thats about it, btw, I was able to hold the unit for only a minute..

Old 04-04-2003, 08:34 PM

deggy is on a distinguished road
Both guys in our office with SPV's have got Orange to replace them with P800's cause the SPV's are real crap, keep freezing and alround useless.

I've had to make my wallpaper for each of them now so we don't pick up each others phones

Old 05-04-2003, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikfreakah
I was able to get my hands on that phone here in the Philippines. A company called Smart is giving it away to their subscribers. Its a heavy thing, form factor isnt that good at all.. Surfing is so cluttered up.. thats about it, btw, I was able to hold the unit for only a minute..
You mean the SPV right pare?