All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-04-2005, 04:51 PM

CB-Dave is on a distinguished road
Angry 3230 Bluetooth transfer problems and more...

Alright, I've just bought a 3230 and I'm having a few probs with it - anyone had any of these?

Firstly and most irritating - dust appearing under the screen. I bought my phone on apr 2nd and by the time it took to charge the battery, there was a speck of dust under the screen... not happy with this I took it back to the orange shop and got another one. I've just noticed a speck of dust under the screen on that one too.

one speck isn't much, true - but the phone hasn't been used yet... it's just charging - the screen protector etc is still in place. wtf is going on??

Another thing - I've bought a 256mb MMC card, came to transfer some mp3's and so on using my BT120 Trust bluetooth dongle and it won't put them on the card, just straight onto the phone's memory - being that there's only about 3 or 4 meg free, transferring some 8mb mp3's is impossible. Is it the trust bluetooth software at fault or does the 3230 not give you the option of transferring direct to the memory card using obex? (I've come from the MS smartphones and their ease of use was something else compared to this 3230 - it's a pain in the backside atm)

lastly - the charger is crap, the piece you plug into the phone is loose and as such the phone keeps on stopping charging - I'm sure the other one I had wasn't like that but has anyone else come across the same problem?

Cheers for reading I was originally in the market for a 6230 but the lass in the phone shop talked me into getting a 3230 - please don't dissapoint me people!!

Dave

Old 04-04-2005, 06:16 PM

sorted out the bluetooth transfer problems now - I just downloaded and installed the nokia pc suite - it works fine with the trust bt120 (wsecomm stack) and it's tranferring stuff to the memory card direct now

still curious about the dust problem though. It's fully charged now so the charger prob I can probably live with...

Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
dominator

I have no dust in my phone and had no problems with the charger. Maybe the store where u got it from had a bad part of phones received. One of the positive things that i noticed when i got this phone was it's quality.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:22 PM

the two stores were 150 miles apart... a bad batch would be severely unlikely!

I can't see the dust in my new one anymore - maybe it was a trick of the light

Old 05-04-2005, 12:42 PM

lazarini is on a distinguished road
dont worry ... the dust will come in time ... its unstopable i hanged round 50 handsets (different manuf.) and every single one of them bow down to dust sooner or latter

Old 05-04-2005, 08:16 PM

yeah I know it's inevitable but surely 3 hours after purchase is a new record lol!!

I've left the screen protector on my new one now, I just cut the little tab off the top right hand corner of it - pikey I know, but I guess it stops the screen getting scratched (my c500 is scratched to hell and I've only had that for four months!)

the orange shop don't stock phone holders for it yet, but they're on their way apparently.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:01 PM

got dust?

I BLOODY HAVE...

4 days into the ownership of my second 3230 and the screen has about three or four specks of dust underneath it, despite the fact that it was only TODAY that I removed the screen protector...

not a happy chappy - I'm taking this up with nokia...

Old 11-04-2005, 06:54 AM

Burnok is on a distinguished road
hhmmmmmm...got mine 2 days ago..no problem so far... yup! it's better take it to nokia

Old 10-05-2005, 01:25 PM

patters is on a distinguished road
Loads of dust

I have owned this phone since a few days after it came out on Orange. I carry it in my pocket and I always make sure that nothing else is in there with it (keys, tissues, coins etc.). The screen now has a huge amount of dust under it with some really big particles. They seem to have fanned out from where the joystick is. Is there a hole there? Really annoying - do Nokia change them?

Old 17-05-2006, 07:13 AM

silestanix is on a distinguished road
I see this is a Very old topic (Found it on google looking for dust problems). I just got my 3230 on Sunday, literally 2 days ago, it's got loads of dust underneath the screen, and also the Orange homescreen app is annoying. Staying on topic, Dust is a problem all phones bowe down to sooner or later, as said previously above...