All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-02-2005, 04:01 PM

martindean8 is on a distinguished road
one stop phone shop

yo guys

anyone else had problems with these assholes?

wont let me return the 6630 i ordered

awful customer service

Last edited by martindean8; 17-02-2005 at 04:13 PM.

Old 17-02-2005, 04:18 PM

dansansome is on a distinguished road
im on my third handset (new contracts each time) from these guys and i have had no problems. but then, so far i have had no reason to contact them for customer service issues.

Old 17-02-2005, 06:28 PM

fannypad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by martindean8
yo guys

anyone else had problems with these assholes?

wont let me return the 6630 i ordered

awful customer service
Why won't they let you give it back? You are legally obliged to a full refund within the 7-day cooling off period with all goods bought via mail order (Distance Selling Act).

Have a look here: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...V0051-1111.txt

Old 17-02-2005, 06:47 PM

yo fannypad i made like 2 phone calls and sent 2 sms messages and they say that since i used the phone i can't give it back due to me "accepting the contract" even though in the small print that O2 sent me it states that i can return it within 14 days even if i have used it and just pay for the calls made etc. furthermore on the onestopphoneshop site it even says that occasionally they offer a trail period in which if u don't like the phone u can return it but possibly be charged 10 admin charge for postage

Old 17-02-2005, 06:53 PM

ceanth is on a distinguished road
DONT GET ME STARTED WITH THESE GUYS!!!!

When i bought a 7610 from them it arrived with a photocopyed manual!! Now i phoned onestopphoneshop as soon as i saw this and they told me that they would replace it and it would be ok to carry on using the phone. I phoned them 2 days later and they told me that i could send the handset back cause i used it! After making a fuss they said they will look into it. Called them a few days later and they told me that the handset arrived from Nokia and basically they wanted nothing to do with it or me so i was stuck

After deciding that i want nothing to do with OSPS i ended up getting a 6630 from them Thinking that i would give them a second chance i received but more dodgy goods! This time the "free" bluetooth headset didnt work, it had a faulty power button.

Ive sent it off back to them so hopefully they will sort it out but if they dont i fear they will just fob me off again, but i must admit they do have excellent deals.

As for them not letting you return the phone, OSPS told me that if i used my 6630 they would not let me return it, so what i did was i put in a batter from a nokia 6230 and my PAYG sim and tested it for a wile, that way i could claim i didnt use it

If you have used it then they wont let you return it

Old 17-02-2005, 07:27 PM

clive1 is on a distinguished road
you cant return it if you use it?? what a load of ****
how else are you going to know if the thing works or not? if this is indeed what they claim then they dont have a leg to stand on if someone wanted to pursue it further

Old 17-02-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
yo fannypad i made like 2 phone calls and sent 2 sms messages and they say that since i used the phone i can't give it back due to me "accepting the contract" even though in the small print that O2 sent me it states that i can return it within 14 days even if i have used it and just pay for the calls made etc. furthermore on the onestopphoneshop site it even says that occasionally they offer a trail period in which if u don't like the phone u can return it but possibly be charged 10 admin charge for postage
That's absolute bollocks mate, you are OBLIGED BY LAW to have a 7-day cooling off period. No two ways about it.

Even if they've put some kind of bullshit clause in their terms and conditions saying you can't return it once it's been used, it doesn't matter. UK law overrides any terms and conditions they care to make up.

Tell them you've been in touch with Trading Standards and will be taking them to small claims court if they don't honour their legal obligations.

The law is quite clear. When purchasing something without face-to-face negotiations (as in the case of online shopping), then you are entitled to return the goods in reasonable condition for a full refund (including initial postage charges), regardless of whether the product has been used or not.

Old 18-02-2005, 12:17 AM

Unplugged is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannypad
That's absolute bollocks mate, you are OBLIGED BY LAW to have a 7-day cooling off period. No two ways about it.

Even if they've put some kind of bullshit clause in their terms and conditions saying you can't return it once it's been used, it doesn't matter. UK law overrides any terms and conditions they care to make up.

Tell them you've been in touch with Trading Standards and will be taking them to small claims court if they don't honour their legal obligations.

The law is quite clear. When purchasing something without face-to-face negotiations (as in the case of online shopping), then you are entitled to return the goods in reasonable condition for a full refund (including initial postage charges), regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
I beleave the DSA only applies if the goods are returned unused in their original packaging.

What isn't covered by this Cooling Off period?

* Services that are to be provided within 7 working days. If you have agreed that the service will start before the end of the cooling-off period you will not be entitled to cancel once the service has started, but the trader MUST tell you this in writing, otherwise you will be able to cancel (IMPORTANT: you might have other statutory cooling-off periods, depending on how the trader approached you, under the Consumer Credit Act or Doorstep Selling Regulations - get further advice if in doubt)

In the case of a Mobile Contract the contract runs for 1 year from the connection date and a mobile contract is a service and the phone is issued as part of this service.

Im gussing since were having this argument that you brought the phone on T-Mobile...... and due to the soul spongers they are they dont provide ANY cooling off period. Hence why you cant DSA your handset to mobileshop as its provided as part of the t-mobile contract which you cant now cancel.

OSPS are a bunch of twats anyway I wouldent shop with them if they offered me 4 free handsets.

Old 18-02-2005, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplugged
but the trader MUST tell you this in writing, otherwise you will be able to cancel
As far as I am aware, this entails sending a physical letter or something to that effect.

I'm not sure whether t-mobile/OSPS make you sign something with that clause in it upon receiving the phone.

If I were you martindean8, I'd give Trading Standards or the Citizens' Advice Bureau a call to clarify things.

But one thing's for sure, several people I know and countless others on forums have had success returning handsets to online retailers under the Distance Selling Act.

The important thing is not to lie down and take it, explore every possible avenue and don't stop till the bastards give you a refund.

Old 18-02-2005, 02:22 AM

Just looked up and saw that you got the phone on O2, in which case you are definitely intitled to a refund within 7 days of purchase.

Get on their case. Good luck, and make sure you let us know how it's going

Old 18-02-2005, 10:29 AM

Jay3gsm is on a distinguished road
If you want to buy a phone, why not buy from the AAS phone store instead? Customer service is certainly better the bloody One Stop Phone Shop. Do a search for them on the newsgroups, see how many problems people have had.

Buy from Allaboutsymbian instead

Old 18-02-2005, 12:06 PM

right this is the problem so far.

i have been in touch with OSPS and they dont want anyhting to do with it, but i phoned O2 the actual company i have a contract with and they even say in there Small Print i received with the phone that there is a "14 day trasil period" so can anybody tell me who i should be listenin to O2 who i have a contract with or OSPS who just seem to make up their own T & C
Ads

Old 18-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Jay3gsm is on a distinguished road
You are within your right to cancel the contract within 14 days. OSPS will spin you a line til you're past 14 days and can do nothing. You're gonna have to get tough with them. The law is on your side, the contract is on your side. OSPS are not.

Enjoy

Old 18-02-2005, 01:57 PM

ceanth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i have been in touch with OSPS and they dont want anyhting to do with it

how suprising!

Old 18-02-2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:

i have been in touch with OSPS and they dont want anyhting to do with it, but i phoned O2 the actual company i have a contract with and they even say in there Small Print i received with the phone that there is a "14 day trasil period" so can anybody tell me who i should be listenin to O2 who i have a contract with or OSPS who just seem to make up their own T & C
Don't take no for an answer. As someone's already said, they'll try and string you along until the 14 days is up and then you haven't got a leg to stand on. Don't let them bully you into submission. Ask to speak to the manager and get tough.

Tell them you are fully aware of the Distance Selling Act and O2's 14-day returns policy and have spoken to Trading Standards, the Citizens' Advice Bureau and O2, and will be taking them to small claims court if they don't do what they are required to by law.

Bunch of thieving cunts