All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
N-gage's Raiskinen promoted, new N-gage supremo in place

Ilkka Raiskinen, until now head of Nokia's Games division, has been promoted to head the entire Nokia Multimedia division (which Games is a part of). Replacing Raiskinen as head of Games is Gerard Wiener, a games industry veteran who joined Nokia as part of a deal with Sega last year which included the purchase of Sega's Online divison, the SNAP network and Pocket Kingdom (which runs on SNAP). In an interview at GameSpot after the reshuffle Wiener sounded particularly rugged and upbeat, contrasting the strong support Nokia is providing the N-gage with the lack of support Sega gave the ill-fated Dreamcast: "The N-Gage will be here for as long as it takes. I remember the sickening feeling I got during the Dreamcast era when I was at Sega, and this situation isn't the same. Every time we get hit, we learn more, and it just makes us stronger."

Last edited by krisse; 03-02-2005 at 08:32 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 AM
funkyflea

[cant remember my damn login for here its been so long.... hey krisse.]

this has to be one of the most interesting interviews to date, a thoroughly thoroughly enjoying read, and one which I must say, made me feel a WHOLE lot more confident about the future of Nokia's 'once' ill-fated N-gage brand.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflea
[cant remember my damn login for here its been so long.... hey krisse.]

this has to be one of the most interesting interviews to date, a thoroughly thoroughly enjoying read, and one which I must say, made me feel a WHOLE lot more confident about the future of Nokia's 'once' ill-fated N-gage brand.
Yeah... it sounds like N-gage has its own version of Nintendo America's "Reggie"...
Ads