All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-01-2005, 02:26 PM
pedroabteixeira

Only ends a call by switching off the phone

If a dial a number that doesn´t exist a hear a recording from the operator telling me that the number that i just dial is not valid. This recording enters a loop and is repeated is portuguese and in english. So to end the call i would have to press the end call button. But when i do that nothing happens . The only way to end the call is by switching off the phone.

I have the latest portuguese firmware (60).

Another bug???

Pedro

Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
cfodesign

Beer That's not a bug

I think you have to reinstall the latest firmwear.

That's because my phome also have the latest firmwear (Portuguese)version and when i call to a number that doesn't exist, I get a message on the screm that says: "NUMERO NÃO EM UTILIZAÇÃO", and automaticaly ends the call.

Espero que isto te ajude, Carlos Oliveira

SENDO X
Ads

Old 06-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
This does appear to be reproducable.

I just called a non existant number (5632843858) and I received a continuous "number not valid" tone. When I ended the call, the audio did not stop, and the phone needed to be rebooted in order to stop this.

Can some other people please test this...!

Old 07-01-2005, 08:39 AM

pelwell is on a distinguished road
On Virgin, with eXpansys 1.98 firmware, I get the usual nice Virgin message ("You have dialled an incorrect number. Please check the number and redial.") which repeats, and then when I hang up the call ends. No problem at all.

BTW don't use 1234567890 - it got me a speaking clock.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 AM

suburbian69 is on a distinguished road
I'm on T-Mobile, using a sim-free phone with FW 1.72.5.2 and I don't have this problem.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
cfodesign

Thumbs up works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark
This does appear to be reproducable.

I just called a non existant number (5632843858) and I received a continuous "number not valid" tone. When I ended the call, the audio did not stop, and the phone needed to be rebooted in order to stop this.

Can some other people please test this...!

Like I said before on my phone works fine.
I already try to call (5632843858), I received a continuous "number not valid", and when I ended the call, the audio stops, and the phone still working fine.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
I think this is also network dependant then...

On my phone, using Orange UK, the audio does not stop when I hang up a call, however, if I try to dial another number (which at this stage won't connect) then hang up on this second number, then the audio WILL stop playing, and I can then make phone calls as usual.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:00 PM
pedroabteixeira

On TMN (Portugal), the audio doesn´t stop when i hang up a call from a number that does not exist. Even if I try stuclark´s approche and dial another number and then hang up on this second number the audio still continues.

I still have to turn the X off every time i dial a non existing number.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:56 PM
cfodesign

I'm on OPTIMUS (Portugal), and work's fine. I will trie TMN and post the results later

Old 14-01-2005, 12:19 PM
pedroabteixeira

After my experience with my operator (TMN) i managed to get SIM cards from the other 2 portuguese operators (Optimus and Vodafone).

So with TMN the only way i can disconnect a call to a number that does not exist and stop hearing the message "The number you just dialled..." is by shutting off the phone.

With Optimus and Vodafone i get the same message but i can disconnect the call by pressing the end call button.

I think this is in fact network dependent.

Old 14-01-2005, 12:52 PM
omegax

On my vodafone handset i get a tone indicating that the number is not in use, and i automatically get diconnected