All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-12-2004, 03:47 PM

morph is on a distinguished road
Recover a sms attach

Hi all!

Well , i have received a jpg attached to an mms. AS usual i see the .jpg but its impossible to open ...you know.

Im trying to find in the phone the directory where the sms, mms are stored... Do you think is possible to recover the photo and download it to my pc?

greetings from spain!!
Ads

Old 30-12-2004, 05:03 PM

Kirkton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph
Hi all!

Well , i have received a jpg attached to an mms. AS usual i see the .jpg but its impossible to open ...you know.

Im trying to find in the phone the directory where the sms, mms are stored... Do you think is possible to recover the photo and download it to my pc?

greetings from spain!!

Hi Morph

If you Install the file QVP_Filters.sis located in the Files folder on the companion cd, supplied with your Sendo X, then you will be able to open jpeg files along with a wide range of other file formats which are listed in Chapter 17 - Extras of the full Sendo X User Guide.

Using this file you should be able to view the picture on your phone and transfer the jpg file to your PC.

If you have already installed the viewer plugin, try renaming your .jpg file to .jpeg as this is the extension listed in the User Guide. I don't think it would matter with how the extension of the file is named either 3 letter or 4 letter version should work, but I haven't tried it myself.

Hope this helps you.

Old 30-12-2004, 05:10 PM

morph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkton
Hi Morph

If you Install the file QVP_Filters.sis located in the Files folder on the companion cd, supplied with your Sendo X, then you will be able to open jpeg files along with a wide range of other file formats which are listed in Chapter 17 - Extras of the full Sendo X User Guide.

Using this file you should be able to view the picture on your phone and transfer the jpg file to your PC.

If you have already installed the viewer plugin, try renaming your .jpg file to .jpeg as this is the extension listed in the User Guide. I don't think it would matter with how the extension of the file is named either 3 letter or 4 letter version should work, but I haven't tried it myself.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks! Ill make a try at home later )