All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-12-2004, 07:14 AM
D o N Rumata

a925 newbie part1: cant connect to PC via USB.

Greetings.
Recently got my a925 with the following:
REM 30.80.20
Suite ver 7.0
Eh, and WinME here.

And feel strange. Well, da phone is nice, but I cant get it connected to my PC via USB cable tat was in package. Plus, the guide to Suite says something I can't understand:-) (It suggests to find some Connection propetites in some Control Panel when I cant even see any Control Panel at all, along with "applications bar";-))

Anyways, in that bottom-right-corner of TaskBar I got an icon of mRouter that suggests to click "where Suite looks for phone"

Giving me THREE d@@n options: "Com1"(where my modem sits), "Com2"(empty as I recall) and "Infrared"(while I havent any:-).

sure bet no USB:-( I mean, honestly, phone itself appears to be working (I tapped "USB" option there, then with "connect to PC" it says something like "trying to establish USB connection to PC".... and, some time after, "timed out".

But duh! I reinstalled USB drivers, reinstalled suite, rebooted it all kinda good times - no good.
Suite keeps suggesting 2 COM's and some virtual IR. Without ever asking if it should look at USB ports to find a phone screaming for attention there.

With a little search I'bve seen that advices: reinstall/reboot (done), first start connection from phone then "usb option have to appear" (nope), reflash (huh, 30.80.20 appears to be a decent flash if not the latest) etc... :-(

Help me please here.

Old 26-12-2004, 01:51 PM
stas

i had the same problem but when i removed my antivirus i started to work

Old 29-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Spunnkiiee

my is the same...
upgrade the flash and its get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D o N Rumata
Greetings.
Recently got my a925 with the following:
REM 30.80.20
Suite ver 7.0
Eh, and WinME here.

And feel strange. Well, da phone is nice, but I cant get it connected to my PC via USB cable tat was in package. Plus, the guide to Suite says something I can't understand:-) (It suggests to find some Connection propetites in some Control Panel when I cant even see any Control Panel at all, along with "applications bar";-))

Anyways, in that bottom-right-corner of TaskBar I got an icon of mRouter that suggests to click "where Suite looks for phone"

Giving me THREE d@@n options: "Com1"(where my modem sits), "Com2"(empty as I recall) and "Infrared"(while I havent any:-).

sure bet no USB:-( I mean, honestly, phone itself appears to be working (I tapped "USB" option there, then with "connect to PC" it says something like "trying to establish USB connection to PC".... and, some time after, "timed out".

But duh! I reinstalled USB drivers, reinstalled suite, rebooted it all kinda good times - no good.
Suite keeps suggesting 2 COM's and some virtual IR. Without ever asking if it should look at USB ports to find a phone screaming for attention there.

With a little search I'bve seen that advices: reinstall/reboot (done), first start connection from phone then "usb option have to appear" (nope), reflash (huh, 30.80.20 appears to be a decent flash if not the latest) etc... :-(

Help me please here.
Ads

Old 30-12-2004, 08:51 PM

Ghettofamily DK is on a distinguished road
Here is maybe a solution.

1: open properties in mRouter, disconnect your usb cable
2: conncet your phone
3: start desktop suite on your phone.
4: open properties in mRouter, connect usb cable
5: open Desktop Suite on you pc.
Then your phone, connects to your pc.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope it will solve your problems