All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > S60 Software

Old 30-11-2004, 08:30 PM

ronanyello is on a distinguished road
series 60 and usb otg (or any other way to connect my ums to my phone)

for the ones who don't know, usb otg is a technology that enables two usb 2.0 based peripherals to communicate without the need of a computer.

i have searched all the internet, including your forums. everybody was talking about usb otg and symbian together even in 2003, but i couldn't find any actual uses of these two technologies in one phone, or a symbian compatible program.

if there were any programs that turn a symbian os phone to a usb otg host, then it would be possible to connect most pc cameras, mp3 players, flash thumb memories, card readers, even some usb hard disks to the phone for any kind of data transfer.

my main concern is to connect my iriver ifp-700 series mp3 player, which has gained ums capability with latest firmware updates, to a symbian os phone and use my phone's memory card as a spare capacity for my mp3 player. (i would prefer nokia, i am planning to buy a 6600 or 3660)

wouldn't it be very nice if such a thing was possible? or is it already possible?
Ads

Old 01-12-2004, 06:32 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
There is no Symbian OS based device yet with USB OTG support, as far as I know. Actually, I don't know if there is any mobile phone at all with any OS with USB OTG yet.