All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-11-2004, 06:20 PM

tariq_87 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Distortion in N gage loudspeaker

hey pplz , atlast i got a second hand n gage in good condition with all accessories.i am having a problem in my n gage..i get distortion or crackling sound from the loudspeaker whenever sound is played at a higher volume , when i play a good quality sound file like mp3, the crackling sound gets reduced.Is my loudspeaker damaged? Is it normal?or does this happen with all n gage users?Should i hard reset my n gage? which is the best quality ringtone settings for .wav files or mp3 files?

thanks in advance

Tariq

Old 24-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Splinter

Hey yeah i got the same problem one of the major effects is keeping your volume on high while playing long segments of sound wavs (Like music) n-gage wasnt meant to do that and you'll blow out your speakers. Dont worry its not permanent but if you are listenining to music use headphones (Specifically designed for n-gage) Usually crackeling can be stopped by turning of your n-gage for 5 minutes and turning it back on or just lowering the sound for a while.

Old 27-11-2004, 03:08 PM

Unhappy Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a crackling sound in my speaker whenever the treble part comes in . When i blow air in the loudspeaker output it gets normal.then again it starts up.i took my n gage to a mobile shop and i told him about the speaker problem he told that the speaker is damaged.he changed the speaker and installed a new speaker but the problem was that the volume of speaker was low. he told me that there is no special speakers for n gage ? is that true? i told him to put back the original. should i take it to nokia centre. i dont have warranty.how much will they charge?please help me !!!

Old 03-12-2004, 02:45 PM

Angry Does anyone has a solution to my problem

Does anyone has a solution to my problem ???????

Old 13-12-2004, 06:24 PM

just sef is on a distinguished road
there is no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq_87
Does anyone has a solution to my problem ???????
hi i am also from jeddah so u bought second hand there is no problem in your speaker if u are playing mp3 files then check the bitrate or may b u cant play the sound at the fullest volume its like turning the computer's speaker to the highest volume u try that there always will be a cracking sound anyways can u tell whether in saudi arabia qd covers are avail;able???will wait for ur respnse
Ads

Old 14-12-2004, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just sef
hi i am also from jeddah so u bought second hand there is no problem in your speaker if u are playing mp3 files then check the bitrate or may b u cant play the sound at the fullest volume its like turning the computer's speaker to the highest volume u try that there always will be a cracking sound anyways can u tell whether in saudi arabia qd covers are avail;able???will wait for ur respnse

hey , so r u from india?? well actually when i play default tones still i get slight distortion , i think my speaker is damaged, i will be taking it to nokia service center.well i am not sure about qd covers , why dont u go to falasteen street , u may get it there.so what do u do ???

Old 22-09-2005, 11:09 PM

foolio323 is on a distinguished road
My n gage sounds clear. Im selling mine for 80 dollars u may pick up or i will ship

Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 PM

jaymarfal is on a distinguished road
i think your speakers are busted. how do i hard reset my n-gage?

Old 17-06-2006, 10:05 AM

forsaken is on a distinguished road
busted speaker is a HARDWARE problem .....u whont do nothing by formating your phone...just chill..its normal...

the best solution for this is to keep the volume at a resonable loudness so the speaker would sound great and no distortion...and if u know woh to use cooledit pro low the bass-medium frequencies(from 3000Khz to 10000Khz)and increase by a small factor the high freq(16000-30000Khz) u might get some good results at a high volume(of course if u will use that mp3 only as a ring tone)

best mp3 quality i've used is 320 kb/s but ofcourse that tahes a lot of space..still it works fine with 128kb/s mp3's

btw the ngage classic original headphones suck big time...wery low bass and volume...i modified my head set with a pair of panasonic head phones and now the sound quality rocks big time....

so...with ngage u can do almoast anything....u just have to have ideeas

regards

Old 17-06-2006, 11:30 PM

groenland coast is on a distinguished road
If crackeling continues, look inside if a screw is loose.. I had to put little glue in the hole and tighten the screw, no more crackeling