goMyPlace is an Open Source alternative to PCAnywhere/GoToMyPC applications All source code is released under GPL. It includes client and server side sources. The application is specifically crafted for using with cell phones.
The application allows to access file system on PC at home/office from regular cellphone, PDA or just another PC
- PC can be NATed and firewalled. Linix/OSX/Win32 with Java 1.4 or better (Sun JRE) installed.
- cellphone, PDA or any other Internet enabled device with regular browser allowing to see HTML files. no JS/Java/.NET support is required.
- Open source (GPL)
- file browsing
- access to command shell (MSDOS in Win32 and bash in Mac/Linux)
- can be accessed from any browser including text only lynx
- does not require .NET/Java on the client side
- works in firewalled and NATed environments (use any of the ports 21, 80, 81, 443 to connect to the proxy)
- does not require to "punch" NAT
- does no use UPnP to make holes in NAT exposing your network
- daemon running on remote PC never accepts incoming connections, but instead uses "dial back" scheme
- three levels of access to the files - public (Universe), friends, private
- can run in standalone HTTP server mode
- HTTP tunnel to other devices in LAN (not fully supported yet)
- end-to-end encryption (not fully supported yet)
for installation instructions
see more on SourceForge http://larytet.sourceforge.net/goMyPlace.shtml