All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 08-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Kamalayan's Avatar
Kamalayan Kamalayan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 578
Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Change Fonts for S60

Anyone here knows how to change fonts on S60? I just got an installer from a friend and it has no registration but im not sure if its legal or not. Can I post the files here? Anyone interested?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot.jpg
Views:	1853
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1876   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot(01).jpg
Views:	1645
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1877  
__________________
If all else Fails, Kick it!
The 3660 Expedition


Last edited by Kamalayan; 08-10-2004 at 09:40 AM.

  #2  
Old 08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Arstrain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
im interested... can u upload it here.. or send it to thnx

Last edited by GhostDog; 09-10-2004 at 02:26 AM.

  #3  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Kamalayan's Avatar
Kamalayan Kamalayan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 578
Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstrain
im interested... can u upload it here.. or send it to thnx
Not until an administrator gives a go signal. They have maintained this site as a non warez site. I hope u understand.
__________________
If all else Fails, Kick it!
The 3660 Expedition


Last edited by GhostDog; 09-10-2004 at 02:26 AM.

  #4  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:01 AM
lastdance's Avatar
lastdance lastdance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
lastdance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Anyone here knows how to change fonts on S60? I just got an installer from a friend and it has no registration but im not sure if its legal or not. Can I post the files here? Anyone interested?
hi can send to me thx

Last edited by GhostDog; 09-10-2004 at 02:26 AM.

  #5  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:29 AM
GhostDog's Avatar
GhostDog GhostDog is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Skopje,Macedonia
Posts: 6,356
GhostDog will become famous soon enough
No more e-mail requests or i'll be forced to close this thread.You were warned.

Kamalayan,can you post the name of the application so we can look it up and see if its legal or not to post it.

  #6  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:35 AM
lastdance's Avatar
lastdance lastdance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
lastdance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
No more e-mail requests or i'll be forced to close this thread.You were warned.

Kamalayan,can you post the name of the application so we can look it up and see if its legal or not to post it.
sorry bout that dude

  #7  
Old 09-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Kamalayan's Avatar
Kamalayan Kamalayan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 578
Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
No more e-mail requests or i'll be forced to close this thread.You were warned.

Kamalayan,can you post the name of the application so we can look it up and see if its legal or not to post it.
Its the files in the photo I attached modern.sis tahoma.sis and along with it fontremover.sis. there are other fonts as well like set3v3 etc... seems to have changed the gdr file in the systems font directory.
seems like some program someone just did. i just dont know if its really legit. Please check.
__________________
If all else Fails, Kick it!
The 3660 Expedition


  #8  
Old 09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
GhostDog's Avatar
GhostDog GhostDog is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Skopje,Macedonia
Posts: 6,356
GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I guess its OK to post it.If someone has anything agains it,PM me and i'll remove it.Install this at your own risk.
__________________
www.symbiandiaries.com/ghostdog



Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

  #9  
Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 PM
badger's Avatar
badger badger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 290
badger is on a distinguished road
I am very interested how these files ahave been created, more info when you post please
__________________
Computer Dating is Fine......If you a Computer!

  #10  
Old 10-10-2004, 04:32 AM
lastdance's Avatar
lastdance lastdance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
lastdance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Its the files in the photo I attached modern.sis tahoma.sis and along with it fontremover.sis. there are other fonts as well like set3v3 etc... seems to have changed the gdr file in the systems font directory.
seems like some program someone just did. i just dont know if its really legit. Please check.
there's nothing to dl

  #11  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Vicky's Avatar
Vicky Vicky is offline
7610 Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,353
Vicky is on a distinguished road
I hav found some .gdr Files
and found the following information

Put the GDR file into the \SYSTEM\FONTS\ directory (create it if necessary). You may have to do a soft reboot for the fonts to appear.

But it does not do anything.

NOTE: DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comic Font.zip (34.3 KB, 5194 views)
File Type: zip SymbolFont.zip (27.2 KB, 3990 views)

Last edited by Vicky; 10-10-2004 at 10:05 AM.

  #12  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 AM
lastdance's Avatar
lastdance lastdance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
lastdance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky
I hav found some .gdr Files
and found the following information

Put the GDR file into the \SYSTEM\FONTS\ directory (create it if necessary). You may have to do a soft reboot for the fonts to appear.

But it does not do anything.

NOTE: DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
have u tried this?

  #13  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Vicky's Avatar
Vicky Vicky is offline
7610 Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,353
Vicky is on a distinguished road
Well i just find this files and there is nothing happen in my phone i am using Nokia 7610 the fonts remain the same and i think they must be of 90 Series.

  #14  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:50 AM
lastdance's Avatar
lastdance lastdance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
lastdance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky
Well i just find this files and there is nothing happen in my phone i am using Nokia 7610 the for fonts remain the same and i think they must be of 90 Series.
i c in that case i won't try it since i'm also using 7610. thx

  #15  
Old 10-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Vicky's Avatar
Vicky Vicky is offline
7610 Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,353
Vicky is on a distinguished road
I just Put these files in "C" system and create folder font and put the file in that.
and reboot it
the fonts reamin the same.
I searched in Google for "Changing Fonts for Series 60" and ".gdr" files and found
Ads
 

Bookmarks

Tags
change, fonts, s60

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does anyone knows how to change the fonts style?? sad1k981 Nokia 7650 15 09-03-2007 02:53 PM
New: Fonts for the 9200 Series Rafe Series 80 3 18-09-2004 04:54 PM
Fonts in 7650 yperiron Nokia 7650 5 01-11-2002 02:03 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:43 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy