All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > UIQ > Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910

Old 04-10-2002, 11:45 AM

:) is on a distinguished road
wHeN iS iT gOnNa bE rElEaseD?!?! I can't take it no more!!!

This is getting frustrating, the only reason i bought the 7650 is that the P800 was'nt available, and now I'm lookin' for a new phone (e.g P800) and It's still not there! C'MON SONY ERICSSON!!

So i just wanted everybody to throw all rumors and gossips here, i like rumors, they tend to make me feel better

Someone posted that the P800 is gonna be for 450 GP, is that true?
And the P800 better catch video!!! It'll be a shame if not...
Last edited by : ) on Thu Jan 02, 1947 11:32 pm, edited 451 times in total

Old 04-10-2002, 01:49 PM

your best off waiting for some decent 3G phones for video functionality. Lets face it the P800 is a lemon, prepare to be a Delorian owner of the mobile phone world.

Old 04-10-2002, 03:23 PM
nickprice

450 quid

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY BABY LIKE THAT!!!!

I like Delorians anyway!

http://www.clove.co.uk have it for 450 + vat, so really 530. all i know is its going to be out before christmas. have pre-orded mine. just got to wait now.....

....no i can't! i'm going to explode!!
Ads

Old 04-10-2002, 05:18 PM

Whatdoya mean by "wait"? you have read the subject..

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
OKAY, just some q's for the wise mobile elders:

If i get a Bluetooth Pocket Drive, can i acces info and stuff (play games and music) without transferring them to my phone? just navigating and playing?

What about if i hook up a USB drive to it, (which doesnt seem that its gonna work) well forget it..

Are they make any bigger memory stick DUOs? any bigger than 64MB perhaps?

Well now to cash in da dough!

Old 08-10-2002, 06:43 PM

According to latest news at http://www.p800.it/le_news.htm and my understanding of Italian P800 is expected in Italy in november.

Jimbo

Old 08-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by :)
Whatdoya mean by "wait"? you have read the subject..

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
OKAY, just some q's for the wise mobile elders:

If i get a Bluetooth Pocket Drive, can i acces info and stuff (play games and music) without transferring them to my phone? just navigating and playing?

What about if i hook up a USB drive to it, (which doesnt seem that its gonna work) well forget it..

Are they make any bigger memory stick DUOs? any bigger than 64MB perhaps?

Well now to cash in da dough!
I have looked at the "portable" BT drive option for the 7650, and without a seprate program that would constantly "talk" to the hardrive this isn't possible.

Current file managers only recognise your phones drives C/D/Z, if you could get a program that could search for Bluetooth drives then it "could" work.

But it will have it's drawbacks like Battey power (Or lack of it), your limited to the speed of bluetooth and what happens if you loose connection halfway through your favorite song

Old 08-10-2002, 07:30 PM

:( On a mail to SE last week, they told me I've to wait at least till end of november.

Old 08-10-2002, 09:31 PM

Ahh go out and buy yourself a real pocket PC and stop messing around with sub-standard products

Old 08-10-2002, 10:37 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ahh go out and buy yourself a real pocket PC and stop messing around with sub-standard products
Or you could get yourself a PDA :p

Old 09-10-2002, 12:27 AM

If the P800 was going to be a lemon it would probably have been released already, if the delay is for technical reasons at least it suggest that SE are working to get it right - it is entirely possible that the delays are not because of faults with the phone per-say, manufacturing issues could be to blame. I understand that press review devices are likely to be available early November.

Old 11-10-2002, 11:41 AM

I was really excited about the P800 when I saw the spec for it earlier this year but all these delays have made me appathetic. I've gone from a dead cert purchaser to a dead cert non-purchaser cos of all these delays which you know are gonna continue past the end of october.

The P800 just doesn't wow me anymore. SE missed the moment when this piece of technology was miles ahead, it'll now just be another smart phone with a camera by the time it gets released.

We might well see some stockholders using the p800 to bang the nails into the SE coffin in the near future.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:12 PM

It's one more month and then bye-bye for me...

I'm with you all the way Mother. If it ain't out in early Nov, I'm spending the money on somethings else and my next phone will be 3G. Sorry SonyEricsson, but you must learn to treat your customers with respect (they haven't even officially announced a delay yet!!!)

Old 11-10-2002, 02:33 PM

sepedeus is on a distinguished road
Re: wHeN iS iT gOnNa bE rElEaseD?!?! I can't take it no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by :)

So i just wanted everybody to throw all rumors and gossips here, i like rumors, they tend to make me feel better
E had have always problems with production and that is the case with p800 now + propably serious unstabilty in hw-platform. It is not business to manufacture phone if 50% goes straight ahead to recycling bin. I don't except that phone to mass market before next summer. Some limited amount maybe Q1 next year.

Old 11-10-2002, 03:50 PM

I have been nuts on P800 when I heard of it. Now I even don't see as such a big problem buying a decent PDA - maybe even without GSM functionality and will just keep my good old Siemens S35 for plain phone talking and PDA for all the other things. When it's cold (like now) I always have a spare pocket to carry one more gizmo with me.

If P800 is not out way before Christmas, if it really costs somewhere around 1000 + then SE doesn't even have to bother to market it. In january 2003 or later it will be just one of the many. We don't really need that.

Jimbo

p.s.: I must say that we have some pretty old (4 1/2 years) SONY GSM here and it still works perfectly - most other and newer phones already died or had problems - not SONY. At least I hope japs will have the production in their hands.

Old 11-10-2002, 05:14 PM

Man, you guys are right. The P800 fire is all down to ashes now, i don't see anyone excited about them anymore, even i already converted to being a Pocket PC with GSM function person, as i can have movies on the go with a 1Gb microdrive, and forget the phrase "i'm outta memory!"

SE diss-apointed me, they shoulda released it while it was still hot. Not Nokia's future phones are bound to blow the market unless the P800 thinks of decent pricing!!!