All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-10-2002, 04:27 PM

atrox is on a distinguished road
How to delete emails from my inbox?

I can't delete the emails with the 'delete from the phone only' option when it perfectly deletes them with 'delete from the phone and server' option. What do I do if I want to keep them on the server and get rid of them from my phone. Is it only my phone's problem or anyone else experienced these difficulties?

Another thing, my phone doesn't accept sms but sends them w/o any problems. Could it be my wrong sms service centre number in the phone (as I'm using Pay As You Go sim card at the moment while I'm waiting for my contract sim to be delivered)? If it is, what's the T-Mobile service centre number in the UK? Thanks.

Old 01-10-2002, 05:36 PM

omar_g is on a distinguished road
With the email problem, they won't deleate straight away. Connect to the server again and try to download new mail. After you have checked and disconnected, the emails in your inbox marked for deleation, will be removed.

With the sms problem, the centre number only affects outgoing messages. If you dont mind postings a message on here with your mobile number i'll try and send you an sms. If you can send you should certainly be able to recieve. Are you sure you're sms messages are reaching the other end? Old 121 (T-Mobile) sim's need to sms activated which may be the cause of your problem, BUT if you can send perfectly then thats not the answer.

-Omar

Old 01-10-2002, 06:02 PM

Email: Tried that. Doesn't delete anyway. Looks like they never got marked. I mean they do, but upon deletion request they just stay where they were.

SMS: That's the problem then as I've got an old One2One sim. So, you're saying I need to reactivate it? Why does it send texts then (It does send as I sent them to a nearby mobile).

Old 01-10-2002, 06:23 PM

The emails will stay where they are upon the "deletion request." You may already be doing this but here's my instructions:

Open inbox
Mark All
Select "Delete Msg from phone only"
Now select Retrieve email -> New
After this has completed, disconnect and the phone should remove the previously marked emails.

As for SMS, no you do not need to enable sms with T-mobile as you can send it already. I have no idea what the problem is. Get the ownerof the other phone to reply directly to your message. There may just be a delay though, sms can sometimes take a few hours to arrive. Try getting someone from a different network (to the one who just sent you an sms) to send you a text, also try sending one to yourself.

Old 01-10-2002, 07:07 PM

jac57 is on a distinguished road
how do you get a contract sim delivered dont u have to buy a phone or can u just get the sim where from what network

Old 01-10-2002, 09:02 PM

You can get very good SIM only deals from www.mobileshop.com or http://scancom.co.uk/gonin24hrs/gonein24hrs.htm?1

Old 02-10-2002, 01:52 PM

Email seems to be sorted now. Thanks.
As for sms, I still don't understand the reason it doesn't receive them. I tried several providers to send them to me (including oversees and internet sms gates), but nothing. A week passed and I still don't get them so it can't be a delay. Probably it's T-Mobile who's to blame. I'll phone them up and find out what the problem is.

PS: My contract sim card is due to be delivered because I lost my phone and ordered a replacement sim card as well as new phone. The phone got delivered in 2 days when the sim card is still much awaited. 10 days past and I ordered another one. That's what I call a quality sevice from T-Mobile :-?
Ads