http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...s1_1&pid=10101
Ads

Old 19-12-2004, 01:35 PM

pilotleston is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Old 28-12-2004, 10:00 PM

doncharles is on a distinguished road
Smile P900 Cradle Scyncronisation

Thank you very much for your comprehensive approach to trying to establish reconnectivity with scync station and P900 phone.

Just for the benefit of others - using your instructions - I had tried various configuration changes such as switching off firewalls and anti - virus.

With only the firewall on, I followed your steps for PC set up and just changed the baud rate which had defaulted to 9600kb - changed to match the one on the phone (115200) - and managed to reconnect.

Thanks again for being so helpful. - Only wish SE would publish your response under their FAQ's.

I think they have been overwhelmed with the complexity of issues for what are basically a very good range of phones.

Cheers

Old 30-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Howard Drury

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegonzo
Hello all

I had the same problem as everyone had - the USB Cradle could not connect to my beloved P900.

Here's how I managed to fix it - I hope that it works for you too.

First for the Prologue. I've got Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, along with Kaspersky AV and ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed - this is basically all that needs to be said. Now, when I first set up my P900, and installed all the drivers/software - it connected first time, great. But the moment I lifted it off the cradle and then tried to set it down on it again, it would just freeze with some error, probably "synchronisation failed". Fine then. I restarted my computer with the P900 IN THE CRADLE, let it boot up, and loe and behold the pc can access the device.

Because this situation was slowly but surely driving me insane, I had to fix this, and so onto my solution:

1. First off, make sure you have the LATEST drivers installed for your DSS SyncStation. The drivers are in .zip format, and need to be extracted to a folder once finished downloading -remember the location. These can be found here (WinXP):

http://www.sonyericsson.com/download...SS_Drivers.zip

2. Now that you've got the drivers, get the LATEST PC Suite here (WinXP):

http://www.sonyericsson.com/download....4.1_EN-US.exe

As well as the latest Connectivity Pack, here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/download...1_1.5.10.2.exe

3. Make sure that any previous installation of drivers and software has been Uninstalled/removed - just follow the uninstall route through Add/Remove Programs in the WinXP Control Panel; remember you will have to *remove* the USB cable from the cradle before uninstalling the drivers - this is important. Once you have uninstalled EVERYTHING related to Sony Ericsson and the P900, REBOOT for this to take full effect. Keep the cable unplugged for now.

4. Once your computer has booted up and is ready to rock, you can connect the USB cable from your cradle to your PC. A prompt should come up, and direct it to the extracted files from the driver zip from step number 1. Windows should find the drivers, and install them automatically. Notice how it installs twice? That's because Windows is not only installing the driver for your cradle, but also a driver to allow Communication through this USB "COM" port. This is important.

5. Configure the following settings:

ON YOUR PHONE:

Go to Control Panel -> Connections -> Cable...

Cable Status: Make Sure "PC CONNECT" is selected.
Baud Rate: 115200
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Character Length: 8
Flow Control: None

ON YOUR PC (in WinXP):

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM&LPT) -> SEMC DSS Syncstation

In the SEMC DSS Syncstation Properties Window that pops up:

Port Settings Tab:

Bits Per Second: 115200
Data bits: 8

Port Settings Tab -> Advanced Button:

COM Port Number: COM 10 (ten)
All the rest leave as defaults.

6. Now that the configuration has been done, go ahead and install the PC Suite that you downloaded, as well as the connectivity pack, in any order.

Once the suite has installed, the Phone Connection Link icon in the system tray (bottom right) should appear. Double click on this to configure it, and make sure that COM 10 is checked.

7. Here't the tricky part. You most likely have a firewall installed if you're reading this, so this is my remedy to the situation. Once the suite has installed and runs, your firewall should go haywire detecting all programs trying to access the nternet/network. IT IS VITAL THAT YOU ALLOW EVERY APPLICATION TO ACCESS THE NET THAT HAS JUST BEEN INSTALLED. But it doesn't end there, I've found. Your firewall doesn't pick up some applications that try to access the net, and so it
doesn't add said programs to it's "allowed" list. Here's what I did...

8. Open your firewall program (I use ZoneAlarm, but they're all really similar anyway). Go to the Programs section. There should be an option to ADD a rogram to be allowed or denied. Click on this button. Direct the program to go to (most commonly) C:/Program Files/Sony Ericsson/Mobile and C:/Program Files/Sony Ericsson/Mobile/Connectivity Pack. MANUALLY ADD THESE PROGRAMS, AND ALLOW *TOTAL* PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE NETWORK:

- mRouterRuntime MFC Application (mRouterRuntime.exe)
- Phone Connection Monitor Application (audevicemgr.exe)
- SCRFS Module (SCRFS.exe)
- DXP SyncML Module (DXP SyncML.exe)
- BroadCast Proxy Module (BroadcastProxy.exe)
- CapMan Module (CapMan.exe)
- ArchiveManager Module (ArchiveManagerServer.exe)

I noticed that a few of those programs weren't actually detected by the firewall at all, but *HAVE* to be allowed total access to the network regardless.

9. And now, you're done. Restart your computer to be sure, and viola - you can see your handy phone, and your'e laughing. You can remove it, put it back in, and it detects.

I hope this helps - I've just spent 2 friggin hours typing this, so it better be appreciated.

Comments, flaims, questions? E-Mail me: johnrmcohen@hotmail.com

theGonzo

Old 30-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Howard Drury

Great but following the Sony link I purchased full version of XTND, while Phone monitor sees the phone, syncs and backs up every time, XTND is not seeing the phone monitor. XTND claim it isa known sony problem and waiting less patientlty for a sony reply. I am 70 dollars oout of pocket and cannot sync Act 6 my time management programme with the p910i. Without this and the terrible battery life - just TWO days I feel like migrating to another phone, have Sony got it totally wrong or is it just me?

Old 30-12-2004, 08:35 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Terrible batterylife of 2 days?? If you buy smartphone, 2 days is pretty good!

Old 30-12-2004, 09:19 AM

Lumenium is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Mommy!

Tried the posted procedure - I know in my heart or hearts that there is gold in that there recommendation from 'thegonzo' - thanks...

But it didn't work for me. but I did notice something peculiar. After unloading the drivers and reloading, I plugged in the sync station and pointed to the unzipped updated drivers -- they loaded fine but still no reconnect.

When I checked driver properties and revision dates, it appeared that the old driver were still there! I tried doing the update driver trick and the uninstall trick - same old drivers! Then I manually deleted every instance of all the drivers on my C drive and repeated in the install and there were the old revision drivers!

I think if I can find out how to force the new ones to load, the reconnect will work.

Any ideas?

I can tell you a cheat way to reconnect though: use task manager to end audevicemgr.exe and CapMan.exe and then restart phone monitor (in Start folder) and it will reconnect with the icon. Problem is that you still can't do a backup or a service update.

Help!

Old 01-01-2005, 11:56 AM

doncharles is on a distinguished road
Angry P900 Scyncronisation

Spoke too soon - got the phone and PC working - then after several attempts did a software upgrade (after doing a back up). Upgrade loaded but now phone not recognised on PC.

Outcome - now have latest version of software but biggest issue is that I have a vanilla phone and cannot restpre my original databases (contacts etc etc.)

So far have spent 3 hrs trying to reconnect - sometimes wonder why we bother

Old 02-01-2005, 09:25 PM

howarddrury is on a distinguished road
Howard the gardener

Have P910i and need to sync to act v6, can set the phone up on various machines to be seen in the phone monitor and to sync with outlook, however after following links to XTND and paying to download it, my software says it cannot see the phone monitor software yet is works, backing up etc, now the twist I understand both sides blame each other, yet Phone Monitor seems to be a XTND cut down product, help please

Old 12-01-2005, 06:21 PM

SetiroN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Tried all of the above, in all possible combinations. Still no joy.

When the P910 is put on-station my Phone Connection Link icon wave moves to the right twice then hangs (on the left).

The Phone Connection Monitor reports 'Connected' on USB (Com5) but at the same time Sync software and My-P910 report 'Not Connected'. Grrrr.

Com5 in the device manager is OK and all the settings seem to correspond between phone and PC.

No reply from Sony to my e-plead, suprise surprise.

Any ideas anyone? If I can't solve this its the end of the road for my P910. Sync'ing is a vital function for me.
Same problem here.
It seems to be a communication problem between the "Phone connection" program and all the other stuff. The phone IS connected: the funny thing is i can browse the internet using my PC connection, but I can't use any program of the suite.

[EDIT] Restarting the phone another time did the trick, now everything works perfectly as before.

Last edited by SetiroN; 12-01-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Old 15-01-2005, 09:35 PM

dmsc is on a distinguished road
P910 with WinXP home (SP2) sync. (USB)

Hi @all,
good tips but no joy. I only can sync once and if i try again the telephone icon in the systray never come up. Therefore no backup is possible because of restarting the phone during the process.

This I recognized:

After starting the system are running
CONNMN~1.EXE
audevicemgr.exe
SyncIndicator.exe

While I have the small telephone icon in systray (phone connected) additionally
AUFILE~1.exe
BROADC~1.exe
CapMan.exe
Ecfmserv.exe
ElogErr.exe
SCRFS.exe

After removing the telephone terminated
SCRFS.exe

Is it the same in a working system?

Thanks
DMSC

PS
My workaround: after cancelling (taskmanager)
AUFILE~1.exe
BROADC~1.exe
CapMan.exe
Ecfmserv.exe
ElogErr.exe
SCRFS.exe
audevicemgr.exe

and restarting audevicemgr.exe it works well again. But still no backups are possible.

PPS
excuse my english please

Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM

asurrie is on a distinguished road
Question P910i phone connection link failure

I tried to connect via the phone connection link to the p910iphone in the usb cradle.

The links makes connection with com 7 or com 10 but after a few seconds a runtime error occurs and microsoft comes up with a message to send the details to them and then the com link disappears in the phone connection link. I tried everything Gonzo said in his mail about the P900 but I stilll get the same failure every time.

Can anybody help me ?

Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 PM
guri

Unhappy Issues with DSS-25 SyncStation

i tried everything but nothing worked, when connected my for 1st time popup to install driver came up but when put the phone on the cradle it didn't showed up as connected. i tried uninstalling all sony ericssons software for(T610 and P910i) and tried connecting the station again nothing pops up but when put p910 on cradle the green light turns on cradle but is still shown as disconnected.

Any help will be appreciated
-Guri

Quote:
Hello all

I had the same problem as everyone had - the USB Cradle could not connect to my beloved P900.

First for the Prologue. I've got Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, along with Kaspersky AV and ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed - this is basically all that needs to be said. Now, when I first set up my P900, and installed all the drivers/software - it connected first time, great. But the moment I lifted it off the cradle and then tried to set it down on it again, it would just freeze with some error, probably "synchronisation failed". Fine then. I restarted my computer with the P900 IN THE CRADLE, let it boot up, and loe and behold the pc can access the device.

Because this situation was slowly but surely driving me insane, I had to fix this, and so onto my solution:

1. First off, make sure you have the LATEST drivers installed for your DSS SyncStation. The drivers are in .zip format, and need to be extracted to a folder once finished downloading -remember the location. These can be found here (WinXP):

3. Make sure that any previous installation of drivers and software has been Uninstalled/removed - just follow the uninstall route through Add/Remove Programs in the WinXP Control Panel; remember you will have to *remove* the USB cable from the cradle before uninstalling the drivers - this is important. Once you have uninstalled EVERYTHING related to Sony Ericsson and the P900, REBOOT for this to take full effect. Keep the cable unplugged for now.

4. Once your computer has booted up and is ready to rock, you can connect the USB cable from your cradle to your PC. A prompt should come up, and direct it to the extracted files from the driver zip from step number 1. Windows should find the drivers, and install them automatically. Notice how it installs twice? That's because Windows is not only installing the driver for your cradle, but also a driver to allow Communication through this USB "COM" port. This is important.

ON YOUR PHONE:

ON YOUR PC (in WinXP):

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM&LPT) -> SEMC DSS Syncstation

Port Settings Tab:

6. Now that the configuration has been done, go ahead and install the PC Suite that you downloaded, as well as the connectivity pack, in any order.

Once the suite has installed, the Phone Connection Link icon in the system tray (bottom right) should appear. Double click on this to configure it, and make sure that COM 10 is checked.

7. Here't the tricky part. You most likely have a firewall installed if you're reading this, so this is my remedy to the situation. Once the suite has installed and runs, your firewall should go haywire detecting all programs trying to access the nternet/network. IT IS VITAL THAT YOU ALLOW EVERY APPLICATION TO ACCESS THE NET THAT HAS JUST BEEN INSTALLED. But it doesn't end there, I've found. Your firewall doesn't pick up some applications that try to access the net, and so it

8. Open your firewall program (I use ZoneAlarm, but they're all really similar anyway). Go to the Programs section. There should be an option to ADD a rogram to be allowed or denied. Click on this button. Direct the program to go to (most commonly) C:/Program Files/Sony Ericsson/Mobile and C:/Program Files/Sony Ericsson/Mobile/Connectivity Pack. MANUALLY ADD THESE PROGRAMS, AND ALLOW *TOTAL* PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE NETWORK:

I noticed that a few of those programs weren't actually detected by the firewall at all, but *HAVE* to be allowed total access to the network regardless.

9. And now, you're done. Restart your computer to be sure, and viola - you can see your handy phone, and your'e laughing. You can remove it, put it back in, and it detects.

I hope this helps - I've just spent 2 friggin hours typing this, so it better be appreciated.

theGonzo

Old 10-02-2005, 12:06 PM

szabop is on a distinguished road
P900 sync with Lotus Notes 5 Calendar and contacts

Dear All,

Please advise in regards of problems in sync of Calendar and Contacts of P900 with Lotus Notes. One of the memebers has described his solution a few at the end of last yeat that first we need to delete all calendar entries, then sync and re-enter the calendar entries ... it should work.
Do I have to delet calendar entries in both Lotus Notes and P900?
Do I have to set up the sync manager as for the mail and To DOs? (directory, mail file folders, password, etc. or is there some other folder names to be concidered here!

How about the Contacts? Is it the same case as above!
Best regards to you ALL! You can also reply to szabop@hotmail.com
Szabop

Old 27-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Musaduri is on a distinguished road
P910i Connection

Hi there All,

I have tried everything that all you good people have suggested. I am still getting no success. It still says "phone not detected". The folks at Ericsson cannot help. I have tried calling them at least 3 times. I don't know what to do. I have had this new P910i phone for about a month now and if i cannot connect to the PC it is a total waste of my money. I like the phone so far, but what is the use if I cannot use all its functions. This is really frustrating. Is there some place to complain!! Anyone any ideas. Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote:
Hello all

ON YOUR PHONE:

ON YOUR PC (in WinXP):

Port Settings Tab:

theGonzo