All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Updated: Agile Messenger 3 now available

A new version of the popular Agile Messenger is now available. The new version includes support for push to talk (sending and receiving voice over GPRS) along with a new GUI and speed improvements. Agile Messenger allows you to log into instant messaging networks (such as AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN) from your phone and send and receive text, pictures, and now voice. The program is a free download from the Agile site. An absolute must for your Series 60 phone.

Old 31-08-2004, 05:25 AM
some0neelse

P2t

I have installed it on my 6600, and I have connected to gprs and is using msn.. fine..
But where is the push 2 talk? Or wireless village?
All the new stuff is not there.. the only thing that is new is the look of it all...

Help!

Old 31-08-2004, 02:31 PM

praefectus is on a distinguished road
Push the Joystick down ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by some0neelse
I have installed it on my 6600, and I have connected to gprs and is using msn.. fine..
But where is the push 2 talk? Or wireless village?
All the new stuff is not there.. the only thing that is new is the look of it all...

Help!
When you're chatting with somebody, notice the little "speaker" icon in the center of the screen? Press and hold down the joystick (I'm guessing -- I have the 7650), and a recording bar will show up -- let go of the joystick, and it'll stop recording, save the voice, and send it -- I've yet to get somebody on the other end, but it seems like it'll work. ;-)

As for the WV stuff -- don't have a clue.

Jellingspot Data Server 1.0
http://www.jellingspot.com

David Stennett's Tech Blog
http://davidstennett.blogspot.com

Old 01-09-2004, 11:07 AM
SomeAMUser

Unhappy No support for Jabber

Fine. There's a new version but it's completely useless to me, because I prefer to use the Jabber protocol... It would certainly be nice if the latest 2.x version for Series60 was available download somewhere...

Old 02-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Unregistered727

jabber is still there, it's in the "Edit connections" menu. It's been renamed to XMPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAMUser
Fine. There's a new version but it's completely useless to me, because I prefer to use the Jabber protocol... It would certainly be nice if the latest 2.x version for Series60 was available download somewhere...
Ads

Old 03-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Jabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered727
jabber is still there, it's in the "Edit connections" menu. It's been renamed to XMPP.
Right, thank you, I was wondering about the same thing as I am a Jabber user as well.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 08-09-2004, 05:25 PM

marcb is on a distinguished road
I like it

I like this new version. The voice messages work well when you don't feel like
typing. I've only sent messages to ICQ users on a PC, so I don't know how
compatible they are. Sending them is quick though.
The only complaint I had from voice message recipients is that they need to
click on a link for every message.

Another useful feature is the shrinking history. You see one line per
message, but if the message actually spans multiple lines it automatically
expands the current line you are on.

Those are the main feature changes I am aware of.

-Marc

Old 08-09-2004, 05:30 PM
SomeAMUser

Unhappy Thanks, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered727
In that case, the "XMPP" option should be available when one has to chose the protocol type at startup... It's not. :-(

Old 08-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAMUser
In that case, the "XMPP" option should be available when one has to chose the protocol type at startup... It's not. :-(
It will be after you've logged on to XMPP the first time, and then restart Agile Messenger.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 25-09-2004, 11:53 AM

joolsvern is on a distinguished road
Used it on MSN and works great. My biggest problem was getting the correct settings to my phone. When I finally got "true" internet gprs sorted I discovered that Vodafone have resticted access protocols set up which required my credit card as proof of age and a 1 fee which is countered by 2.50 of free talk or data (cant remem which) credited back to my phone account.

Well worth the effort as I finally have FULL E-mail access which has always eluded me.