All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-08-2004, 12:19 AM

pcofranc is on a distinguished road
Nokia 3650 Transfer contact to sim card

How can I transfer my address book/phone numbers FROM my memory card TO my SIM card. I need tosend the ph in for repair and this would be really helpful.

I know how to xfer from sim to memory card - need to do the opposite. I have 150 phone numbers - so one at a time is NOT an option that I willl consider.

Thanks

Paul

Old 26-08-2004, 02:47 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcofranc
How can I transfer my address book/phone numbers FROM my memory card TO my SIM card. I need tosend the ph in for repair and this would be really helpful.

I know how to xfer from sim to memory card - need to do the opposite. I have 150 phone numbers - so one at a time is NOT an option that I willl consider.

Thanks

Paul
Its still contacts Manager for me. Locating the contacts database in system/data contacts.cdb wont allow u to send it by BT or copy it somewhere else, well in seleq it makes an error, well thats what I tried doing but didnt work for me. Without Contacts Manager its still Copy to sim direct one by one.

Ads

Old 27-08-2004, 09:43 PM

ashaas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Its still contacts Manager for me. Locating the contacts database in system/data contacts.cdb wont allow u to send it by BT or copy it somewhere else, well in seleq it makes an error, well thats what I tried doing but didnt work for me. Without Contacts Manager its still Copy to sim direct one by one.
I also hit this problem a while back. I eventually resorted to transfer/backup to/from MMC which seems to be the only option at the momemt.

I can't believe such a utility doesn't exist.
(maybe I'll write one some day)

Old 30-08-2004, 04:42 PM

pcofranc is on a distinguished road
Thanks you guys. That's a good point - there may well be a utility for sale. I thought about going the MMC card reader route but then I realized that the names will get chopped a bit because the sim card fields don't hole as many characters.

It would be nice to create or find a 3650 / 3660 Nokia personal web page with
info / utilities, problems, etc.

Take care,

Paul

Old 08-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Arvind

If you download the PC suite from the nokia website, you can transfer the contacts information to outlook (or the PC suite utilities even). Well, thats assuming your PC has bluetooth/Inrared connectivity.