All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-08-2004, 10:58 PM

dale!!! is on a distinguished road
mysterious area code

Hi.

Today when i looked at my phone, there was the area code written in the top right corner (just below the bar with the bluetooth, alarm icons etc). However, I had no network coverage when i know for sure i was in a well covered area. I tried to make a call, and after about 30 seconds of it attempting to call, I hung up, the area code was gone and i got full signal and the big O2-UK sign.

I searched the net, it seems this is for USA people to show em what area code they in. In UK, the area code is irrelevant for mobiles neway I'm surprised the phone was able to figure out what it even was!

Is there a way to have this displayed all the time and even change when i go to a different town?

Thanks alot
-Dale

Old 24-08-2004, 11:04 PM

elton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale!!!
Hi.

Today when i looked at my phone, there was the area code written in the top right corner (just below the bar with the bluetooth, alarm icons etc). However, I had no network coverage when i know for sure i was in a well covered area. I tried to make a call, and after about 30 seconds of it attempting to call, I hung up, the area code was gone and i got full signal and the big O2-UK sign.

I searched the net, it seems this is for USA people to show em what area code they in. In UK, the area code is irrelevant for mobiles neway I'm surprised the phone was able to figure out what it even was!

Is there a way to have this displayed all the time and even change when i go to a different town?

Thanks alot
-Dale
Cell info display on its called,its in the menu somewhere,(sorry my phone is busy at the mo) i think its only with vodaphone?????????????
Ads