All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-08-2004, 09:17 AM

Bibhash is on a distinguished road
Unhappy MMC Corrupted Error in Ngage QD

Hi,
I just loaded some oggs and videos on my 128mb mmc using nokia pc suite. When i finished copying the files there was less than 1mb free on my mmc.

Now, ngage qd says that Memory is corrupted and wont let me open my mmc on Fexplorer or even in PC Suite. How could this happen all of a sudden? Is there any way to fix it? I dont care about the data on the mmc as i have it backed up on my pc. Also, I DONT HAVE a card reader. I use BT to transfer files. Please help ...

Old 02-08-2004, 09:45 PM

Onizuka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibhash
Hi,
I just loaded some oggs and videos on my 128mb mmc using nokia pc suite. When i finished copying the files there was less than 1mb free on my mmc.

Now, ngage qd says that Memory is corrupted and wont let me open my mmc on Fexplorer or even in PC Suite. How could this happen all of a sudden? Is there any way to fix it? I dont care about the data on the mmc as i have it backed up on my pc. Also, I DONT HAVE a card reader. I use BT to transfer files. Please help ...

Format your mmc using your phone. Go to TOOLS and then to MEMORY CARD. It should work after formatting.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:03 PM

prozac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka
Format your mmc using your phone. Go to TOOLS and then to MEMORY CARD. It should work after formatting.

I am an Ngage Classic owner, also facing the same problem

I tried going to TOOLS, then to MEMORY CARD, then MEMORY CARD CORRUPTED message pops up immediately. The phone then prompts me to format the card, which I do. But the formatting fails.... tried it for many many times, stil the same. :(
Nokia 8850
Nokia 7650
Nokia 3100
Nokia 6230
Nokia N-Gage

Old 11-09-2004, 12:27 PM

Anirudh_Rao is on a distinguished road
Help is here

Dudes, my advice would be to get a card reader, coz its cheap and gets the work donme real soon... believe me that even when you have a data cable you should go in for a reader/ writer... one of the coolest devices for the cell phone and a real problem buster..

Old 11-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudh_Rao
Dudes, my advice would be to get a card reader, coz its cheap and gets the work donme real soon... believe me that even when you have a data cable you should go in for a reader/ writer... one of the coolest devices for the cell phone and a real problem buster..
Yeah, would be getting one in the near future.

However, I solved the problem. Took the MMC from my Ngage and formatted it in my 6230, then put in inside the Ngage again. All solved...
Nokia 8850
Nokia 7650
Nokia 3100
Nokia 6230
Nokia N-Gage

Old 11-09-2004, 02:41 PM

shiv_ahuja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
dude ur indian right??...i am lookin for a mem card reader to transfer mp3 onto my qd from my comp...is a reader ok?or a bluetooth dongle???..which is cheaper and a where can u get one in delhi\india and for how much?

Old 11-09-2004, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv_ahuja
dude ur indian right??...i am lookin for a mem card reader to transfer mp3 onto my qd from my comp...is a reader ok?or a bluetooth dongle???..which is cheaper and a where can u get one in delhi\india and for how much?
If your aim is to transfer mp3 files from pc to qd, suggest card reader. Faster than bluetooth, and you can click and drag just like a removable drive.
Nokia 8850
Nokia 7650
Nokia 3100
Nokia 6230
Nokia N-Gage
Ads

Old 13-09-2004, 04:53 AM

Anirudh_Rao is on a distinguished road
Namaste

Hi man,

Yeah, I am an Indian alright... Dude, the best way to transfer any file (mp3 or antyhing else) is a mem. card reader/writer. You can get a cheap variant for about 350 to 400 bucks at Palika bazaar in Delhi or at any good mobile accessory store.. but I recommend multi - card reader such as 8-in-1 or 13-in-1, these come for about 650 - 1200.. but are well worth the price... trust me on this dude...

Old 24-09-2004, 03:37 PM

shiv_ahuja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi man,

Yeah, I am an Indian alright... Dude, the best way to transfer any file (mp3 or antyhing else) is a mem. card reader/writer. You can get a cheap variant for about 350 to 400 bucks at Palika bazaar in Delhi or at any good mobile accessory store.. but I recommend multi - card reader such as 8-in-1 or 13-in-1, these come for about 650 - 1200.. but are well worth the price... trust me on this dude...
hey thankx...i just bought one from bazee.com today they will deliver tomoro..
hey i just ahve one more problem..
i have gprs...i have airtel so it costs 400 a month or summin and now whenever i click on any bookmark in the web thing it says web:system error...waht do i do??i jsut got the thing flashed from lajpat nagar(nokia care centre) and now all of a sudden this happens...and when i select create new mms it says messaging:system error..what do i do..please help me rs 400 a month is expensive for a non working gprs thing!..

Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 AM

waxypranay is on a distinguished road
Help!

Here`s the scene!
i put a software anti theft in my n gage QD nd it hangs when i delete it!
I send it to Nokia for repair, i get the phone back!
But now i often get 2 errors simultaneously:
Unsafe to remove memory card without selecting Remove memory card option
and
Memory card inserted Select remove memory card before removing it

And both the messages used to come simultaneously on their own randomly and all the applications running on my phone used to shut down!
I tried to forat the memory card, but it used to fail in between and memory card corrupted message used to come!
But it used to get formatted using my card reader by windows in FAT,
it was all fine, but the errors kept increasing,
suddenly one day, a message popped up, Memory card corrupted, and kept coming!
I could do nothing on my cell if the card was in!
but now when i insert the card in my reader, the explorer hangs untill i take it off!
Is there any way to get it corrected!
Which is at fault?
My cell or card or nokia?
I will buy a new card if this is scrapped but need to be sure that my cell wont corrupt that card!
Thats all of my story! If any1 can help! please! help! I`ve gone !

Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 AM

waxypranay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv_ahuja
hey thankx...i just bought one from bazee.com today they will deliver tomoro..
hey i just ahve one more problem..
i have gprs...i have airtel so it costs 400 a month or summin and now whenever i click on any bookmark in the web thing it says web:system error...waht do i do??i jsut got the thing flashed from lajpat nagar(nokia care centre) and now all of a sudden this happens...and when i select create new mms it says messaging:system error..what do i do..please help me rs 400 a month is expensive for a non working gprs thing!..
You know b4 going to Nokia care, u can try flashing ur cell on ur own!
Just format ur mem card! do a hard reset nd make sure ur mem card is not in when u hard reset!
to hard reset just type *#7370#
remember u`ll loose all ur contacts nd data!
Ur phone will become new as 1st day!
Still if u get error, jaake nokia ka sir khaao!

Old 11-04-2005, 07:21 AM

strayan is on a distinguished road
HELP ME TO NOT SCREW THIS UP:

So after a month without my 512MB Kingmax mmc due to the 'memory corrupt' problem I came across a $10 reader/writer at ALDI in Australia. Now in order to not screw up my mmc any further, are there any special settings that I need to note before I format the mmc through the reader/writer?

Old 11-04-2005, 09:17 AM

rulirahm is on a distinguished road
Article

Corrupted MMC fix:

Necessary tools:
- Corrupted MMC
- 7tools partition manager (get it here
Code:
geocities.com/rulirahm/symbian/7tools.zip
the demo version is capable of carrying out this task)
- Pair of hands
- little brain but not necessary

lets do it

Part one
========================================

1. Put your MMC into your card reader, select the MMC

2. If your partition is corrupted you will see several invalid partions in red in the left hand pane (MMC drive section)

3. Right click each of these and left click delete.

4. Click apply (top left button)

5. You should be left with a single free unit on your MMC drive. Now right click that unit and select create primary partition. Go with the defaults which should be FAT16 and click on apply.

Exit and put your card back into your N-Gage. If you find that the MMC card still does not mount via the USB cable (That is if it was mounting prior to corruption). Unplug the cable and put your MMC card back into your card reader.

Part two

1. Start the 7tools and select the MMC again.

2. In the right hand pain you will see a column that says Active (it will probably be set to "no") click this and set it to yes (That take a few MB of your MMC but it makes it an active bootable drive partition), click apply

3. Put the MMC back into your N-Gage and format it via tools-memory-[options]-format mem card.

You will notice that the card is a couple of MB down on it original size but it will now be fully bootable and functional via the USB cable again.

Keep in mind:
If u formatting MMC card trough windows u could fuck it up if you format in any other partition than FAT, no other partitions like NTFS, FAT32, donít work!

Thats it, astalavista bay

Hope this help.

Cheers
(remember, if u don't have 7tools partition manager demo that worked, mail me: ruly@semenpadang.co.id, i'll send it to u )

Last edited by rulirahm; 04-04-2006 at 04:18 AM.