All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-07-2004, 11:05 PM

blinxx is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 9290 vs Ngage QD, for gaming/syncing to XP/OSX??

Hi,
I have the option of either a 9290 or an N-gageQD this year at college- seeing as they're both nearly the same after rebates with T-mobile and are both usable phones, which is a better buy in terms of usability as a gaming device and organizer? I've no real need for advanced buisness functionality, but am attracted to the 9290's qwerty pad and larger screen.... Is the 9290 still good despite its relative age, and could one really use it for notes and spreadsheets durin lectures? I would be syncing the PDA functions to either isync or XP.
Thanks
Ads

Old 29-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Well, this is an easy one. The N-Gage/QD is the superior gaming device because it has a faster processor, more RAM and more games available.

The 92xx is the superior organizer because it has a full QWERTY keyboard, office applications built-in, larger screen area etc.

So it just depends on what features you value the most.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson