All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Psiloc announces Common Solutions DRM

Psiloc have announced details of their DRM solution for Series 60 (with other Symbian UI's to follow) called Common Solutions. The solution consists of three main components - common security, registration and tools. The release reflects growing concern within the mobile software industry at the use of illegal software.

Common Security which aims to prevent common cracking methods, Common Registration which provides centralised registration based on IMEI (phone) and IMSI (sim) numbers and Common Tools provides commonly used options in programs such as add to favourites.

Press Release:

Psiloc launches the DRM, registration and distribution offering for Symbian OS ecosystem to provide Common Solutions for Series 60. Further Symbian UI support to follow later in this year.

Psiloc Mobile Solutions, one of the global leaders in developing for Symbian OS, has released Common Solutions – the technology for DRM, registering and distributing Symbian applications. The technology consists of three main independent solutions:
Common Security: the DRM module that prevents Symbian applications from typical cracking methods. This solution is based by the unique application encryption system with the standard private/public key technology. Encryption uses the best-known public-private keys technology (RSA/DSA standards).
Common Registration: is a set of tools enabling various models of registering and paying for the application. From direct credit card payments to billable download, Premium SMS etc. Registering the application is done based on IMEI and IMSI numbers, so it is possible to grant user the license even after change of his or her SIM card or mobile phone.
Common Tools: consists of features preferably used in every Symbian application like: Add to favourites option, – user can easily add given application to the favourites folder on his or her device. Send application - this feature enables distributing applications among users, via BT, irDA, e-mail, straight from the mobile device to another one. The new copy of the application is not registered and it will be in the trial mode.

Psiloc has integrated Common Solutions into all its Series 60 applications and will also offer this technology to other players of the Symbian applications market.

Common Solutions for Series 60 is available from Psiloc Mobile Solutions. More Symbian UI devices will be supported later in 2004.

About Psiloc Mobile Solutions
Psiloc Mobile Solutions is the global leader in software products for the Symbian OS. The company focuses on finding solutions for smartphones, for the end users, companies, as well as GSM network operators and smartphone producers.
The OEM version of Psiloc products have been sold together with over 1.000 000 devices. The best-sold application has been downloaded more then 1500.000 times! Psiloc products are available through a network of distributors all over the world, as well as in all of the largest Internet shops.
Psiloc was established in 1997 and has its headquarters in Koszalin, Poland.
At the beginning of 2003 Psiloc became the Symbian Platinum Partner.

Old 14-07-2004, 10:24 PM
ShALLaX

I'm all for this, but...

THEY HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT! I just spent more than $80 in their store on about 70% of their software titles. Then when I come to register, I find I have to send out a text message for each application.. so thats another $2-$3 gone. Ok, its a one time spend, not so bad... WRONG. The next time I turned my phone off, then back on, about 3 applications crashed on bootup. I get "App. main closed" "Already in use!" and "sDaemon closed" errors. Then, when I try to launch one of my newly purchased programmes, it comes up "Trial expired". I reregister, that fixes the problem, I reboot my phone, "Trial expired". I then try another piece of software, "Trial expired". I format my phone (*#7370#), I reinstall EVERYTHING from scratch... and the same thing happens.

As I said, I'm all for developers protecting their rights, but do it properly. Have an account per IMEI that requires only one SMS to be sent and received to activate all of your purchased software. If you're going to make daemons that are essential for the applications to run, for god sakes, make sure they work properly and dont crash on boot.

</rant>

There, I've had my say. I'm very disappointed as I've spent over $100 on software which I cant use. No wonder they have a -30% sale at the moment, you spend that 30% on activation SMSes.

Old 15-07-2004, 05:26 PM

ShALLaX is on a distinguished road
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to apologize for all your problem. In fact, some of our customers has a problem with reigstering our software. Actually we are working to eliminate this problem and we will make it as quick as possible. We will let you know when new version is ready. Sorry once again.

Best regards,
Technical support team
Psiloc (PsiNT)
Poland
Phone: +48-94-3477766
Web: http://Psiloc.com
Email: mailto:support@Psiloc.com

------------------

So I have to sit on my hands whilst they enjoy my money. At least they acknowledge the issue.

Old 29-07-2004, 02:47 AM
phirun

system tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Psiloc have announced details of their DRM solution for Series 60 (with other Symbian UI's to follow) called Common Solutions. The solution consists of three main components - common security, registration and tools. The release reflects growing concern within the mobile software industry at the use of illegal software.

Common Security which aims to prevent common cracking methods, Common Registration which provides centralised registration based on IMEI (phone) and IMSI (sim) numbers and Common Tools provides commonly used options in programs such as add to favourites.

Press Release:

Psiloc launches the DRM, registration and distribution offering for Symbian OS ecosystem to provide Common Solutions for Series 60. Further Symbian UI support to follow later in this year.

Psiloc Mobile Solutions, one of the global leaders in developing for Symbian OS, has released Common Solutions – the technology for DRM, registering and distributing Symbian applications. The technology consists of three main independent solutions:
Common Security: the DRM module that prevents Symbian applications from typical cracking methods. This solution is based by the unique application encryption system with the standard private/public key technology. Encryption uses the best-known public-private keys technology (RSA/DSA standards).
Common Registration: is a set of tools enabling various models of registering and paying for the application. From direct credit card payments to billable download, Premium SMS etc. Registering the application is done based on IMEI and IMSI numbers, so it is possible to grant user the license even after change of his or her SIM card or mobile phone.
Common Tools: consists of features preferably used in every Symbian application like: Add to favourites option, – user can easily add given application to the favourites folder on his or her device. Send application - this feature enables distributing applications among users, via BT, irDA, e-mail, straight from the mobile device to another one. The new copy of the application is not registered and it will be in the trial mode.

Psiloc has integrated Common Solutions into all its Series 60 applications and will also offer this technology to other players of the Symbian applications market.

Common Solutions for Series 60 is available from Psiloc Mobile Solutions. More Symbian UI devices will be supported later in 2004.

About Psiloc Mobile Solutions
Psiloc Mobile Solutions is the global leader in software products for the Symbian OS. The company focuses on finding solutions for smartphones, for the end users, companies, as well as GSM network operators and smartphone producers.
The OEM version of Psiloc products have been sold together with over 1.000 000 devices. The best-sold application has been downloaded more then 1500.000 times! Psiloc products are available through a network of distributors all over the world, as well as in all of the largest Internet shops.
Psiloc was established in 1997 and has its headquarters in Koszalin, Poland.
At the beginning of 2003 Psiloc became the Symbian Platinum Partner.
Ads