Originally Posted by sajje
i have a p900 and a logitech denivo keyboard (mouse, bluetooth hub, keyboard and mediapad) and when iam searching for my p900 it cant find it! i have put my p900 so that all units can "see" the phone my computer cant find it! i can pair them if i search for the computer on the phone but then they just get "half paired" and the guide "how to pair your DeNivo with p900" says that i have to pair them trough the computer. if i first pair them and then unpair, and then when i choose pair on the computer i enter a pin code but it doesnt come up on the phone.... it seems like there is a "bluetooth firewall"
Hi mate i had a same problem with my P900, mine was Orange branded. I managed to get fixd from SE service point. Theay flashed the handset now it works without any problem. I have found a reserch document about this problem.
I've been doing some further investigation of this problem, and I think it might just be a problem with the P900.
I've now got a PC (boo, hiss) installed with Windows XP and an MSI Bluetooth dongle. The advantage of this is that I can get Bluetooth protocol stack sniffing software. This way, I can examine exactly what it happening when I try and connect to the P900.
Guess what, the PC can't see the P900 either, but it can see the Mac, and pair and communicate with it just fine.
When I try and pair with the P900, initiated from the PC, then the protocol sniffer shows the device inquiry being sent from the PC, but the P900 never responds.
When I initiate pairing from the phone, we see everything proceeding as normal, until we look at the BD_ADDR being sent by the P900.
18:35:11.140 RCVD Event from HCI. Name: HCI_Remote_Name_Request_Complete (Hex Code: 0x07 Param Len: 255)
18:35:11.140 Status: Success (0x00)
18:35:11.140 BD_ADDR of remote: 11-11-11-50-11-11
18:35:11.140 Name of remote: P900 (Len: 5)
Note: the BD_ADDR is the equivalent of the Mac address on an Ethernet interface. The first three numbers indicate the device vendor, and the last three should uniquely identify the device.
My P900 has transmitted a BD_ADDR of 11-11-11-50-11-11, which just looks plain wrong.
If we look up the vendor identifier for Sony Ericsson, then we find that they have two assigned:
00-0A-D9 (hex) Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
000AD9 (base 16) Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
00-0E-07 (hex) Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
000E07 (base 16) Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
(You can look up the Bluetooth vendor ids here:
So, in theory, the P900 should be transmitting a BD_ADDR which begins with either 00-0A-D9 or 00-0E-07, and it's not.
From doing some digging around on the internet, I have discovered that the 11-11-11-50-11-11 address is used by Sony Ericsson, but only as the default address on product development Bluetooth modules. I don't think this address should ever be seen on a retail product.
Further down the trace, we find a possible reason for why the pairing does not work correctly. The PC performs a create connection request in order to try and read the major and minor device id, and the supported features of the P900. This connection fails, but the pairing succeeds, as neither of these things is actually critical.
The problem that this then leaves us with is that the major and minor device ids are not known to the PC; hence it cannot identify the device properly. In addition, the PC has no idea of what BT profiles the device supports, and hence can do nothing with the device.
If I then force the PC to try and connect to the P900, the first thing it tries to do is establish what profiles are supported. This fails again, so the computer can't do anything with the device.
I believe that this is why we see the timeouts on the Mac when trying to use iSync or BT file transfer, when we've paired using the P900.
So, this very much looks like a P900 firmware problem and not a Mac issue at all. As there are people out there who have got this to work, I can only assume that they are running different Bluetooth firmware from me, or that they simply haven't done whatever triggers this bug.
I'm trying to establish if this problem is down to a particular version of the P900 firmware, so it would be helpful if you could post your firmware versions here.
Phone: CXC162022 R3B004
Bluetooth: CXC12529 R5D
Organiser: CXC162021 R1C01
CDA: CDA162004/3 R2B01