All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-06-2004, 06:03 PM
StarvationPlan

Question Another movie question... summary maybe?

Sorry to bring the same question up again... but I've read quite some posts on this forum and I think I'm getting a hang on it...

There are two formats that n-gage supports, as is (you have to use the realplayer built in). *.rm and *.3ggp?

You can also use other players for symbian series 60 "pv player" and others, and those can use other formats?

Now, to get to the question. Normally you look at the n-gage display like this
_____
| |
| |
| |
--------

That give you the possibility to only use a with of 176 to watch movies full screen, now what if you turn your phone 90 degrees you will get a screen like this
-------------------

Now youíve got a maximum of 208 to watch movies on (4:3 208*156) (16:9 208*117)

Which converters/players support to turn the picture around like this and get a real full screen?

Please tell me if Iím wrong... All of this is really rather confusing!

Old 01-06-2004, 06:19 PM
StarvationPlan

ehm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvationPlan
Sorry to bring the same question up again... but I've read quite some posts on this forum and I think I'm getting a hang on it...

There are two formats that n-gage supports, as is (you have to use the realplayer built in). *.rm and *.3ggp?

You can also use other players for symbian series 60 "pv player" and others, and those can use other formats?

Now, to get to the question. Normally you look at the n-gage display like this
_____
| |
| |
| |
--------

That give you the possibility to only use a with of 176 to watch movies full screen, now what if you turn your phone 90 degrees you will get a screen like this
-------------------

Now youíve got a maximum of 208 to watch movies on (4:3 208*156) (16:9 208*117)

Which converters/players support to turn the picture around like this and get a real full screen?

Please tell me if Iím wrong... All of this is really rather confusing!
Darn... some automatic thingy with this forum took away all the blanks... heres how it should be.

_____
|........|
|........|
|........|
--------

and

-------------------
Ads

Old 01-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
SmartMovie

SmartMovie is the answer. It's the best video player for S60 (and UIQ) IMO. It also comes with an easy to use converter.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 02-06-2004, 02:32 PM
StarvationPlan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
SmartMovie is the answer. It's the best video player for S60 (and UIQ) IMO. It also comes with an easy to use converter.
So, SmartMovie is THE only player/converter able to do this sort of view changing?

Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvationPlan
So, SmartMovie is THE only player/converter able to do this sort of view changing?
PVplayer