All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-06-2004, 08:10 AM

mandibula is on a distinguished road
The 7610 has been released !!

The Nokia 7610 camera phone starts shipping
June 01, 2004

Nokia leads the mobile imaging evolution with the most comprehensive megapixel phone for GSM markets

Nokia today announced that the Nokia 7610, its most advanced imaging device, has started shipping in Europe, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Nokia is the first company to introduce camera phones that have the essential ingredients for a complete imaging experience, including the ability to capture, as well as print, edit, store and send images and videos. These elements, combined with the slim and stylish design and a wide range of smartphone features, make the Nokia 7610 the most comprehensive camera phone available today.

With full e-mail, Internet browser and thousands of downloadable utility and software packages available, from map and navigation to golf training, the Nokia 7610 offers pocket computer functionality in a stylish package. Consumers can use the integrated megapixel camera in the Nokia 7610 to capture photo-quality images with the click of a button. Photos can be easily printed in just a few seconds via a Bluetooth connection to a compatible printer or by using a printer kiosk available in Nokia branded retail locations or other photo shops.

Using the phone's Kodak Pictures application, pictures can be uploaded to a virtual photo album on the web and shared online with others or ordered as prints via an online service. Users can also enjoy the possibility of sharing images with friends, family and colleagues alike via Multimedia Messaging (MMS) or e-mail.

"The slim and stylish Nokia 7610 brings the most complete imaging experience to consumers, whether you want to capture high-quality images, share them with friends, print them for family members or store them to relive the experience at a later date," says Juha Putkiranta, Senior Vice President, Imaging Business Unit, Nokia. "Full e-mail, Internet browser, video and music player, and thousands of downloadable software packages make the Nokia 7610 also a powerful pocket computer. From now on, you only need to take one device with you when you leave the house - the Nokia 7610!"

Creative individuals will also appreciate the possibility to record short films or even music videos of up to 10 minutes by shooting and editing the footage captured with their imaging device. The Movie Director application lets users turn video clips into personal movies by adding special effects such as music, text, new colors or moving objects. The application automatically combines multiple video clips into a single video vignette or optimizes the edited videos for MMS sending.

The Nokia Lifeblog application, which adds an automatic digital diary to your life, allows users of the Nokia 7610 to record and organize digital content - such as images, videos or messages - creating a personal logbook or multimedia memo directly on the phone. When transferred to Nokia Lifeblog on the PC, people can browse and search their multimedia diary with an easy-to-use timeline or share diary items with friends or family via e-mail. Additionally, the Adobe® Photoshop® Album software included in the sales package allows Nokia 7610 phone users to organize and edit digital pictures on their PCs.

It is expected to retail, without subsidies or taxes, for less than €500.

Other phone features
-Dimensions: 108.6mm x 53mm x 18.7mm
-Video streaming in both Realvideo and 3GPP video streaming formats
-Series 60 Platform smartphone features: mobile e-mail, calendar and contacts with PC synchronization, full HTML browser and Java 2.0., additional 3rd party applications
-Music player (MP3/AAC)
-8MB user memory and reduced size 64MB MMC Card
-Up to three hours talk time and 250 hours of standby time
-Customizable dual-tone Xpress-onTM covers

About Nokia
Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia is dedicated to enhancing people's lives and productivity by providing easy-to-use and secure products like mobile phones, and solutions for imaging, games, media, mobile network operators and businesses. Nokia is a broadly held company with listings on five major exchanges.

Media Enquiries:

Nokia, Multimedia
Communications
Tel. +358 7180 45751
Email: press.office@nokia.com

Nokia Asia Pacific
Communications
Tel: +65 6723 2323
E-mail: communications.apac@nokia.com

www.nokia.com

Pictures of the Nokia 7610 imaging device and pictures taken with the Nokia 7610 are available at www.nokia.com/press

Old 01-06-2004, 01:00 PM

RoYaL21 is on a distinguished road
Great! So it should be in stores here in about 3 weeks. The waiting is almost over

Old 01-06-2004, 03:34 PM
shayaz

I had a week ago from ebay its ok bit slow on the viewfinder no infra red. Overall its similar to the 6600 just slight makeover.
Ads

Old 01-06-2004, 10:57 PM

mR_CaESaR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayaz
I had a week ago from ebay its ok bit slow on the viewfinder no infra red. Overall its similar to the 6600 just slight makeover.
is it much faster than the 6600 though? ie. menu speed is as fast as the 6230? or the 7650?

Old 03-06-2004, 04:51 PM

steve_macca is on a distinguished road
frankly i dont think nokia 7610 is good enough.. its camera isnt really much of an improvement to nokia 6600.. sad to say other brands like sharp have much better camera phones although sharp phones dont operate on symbian OS.. however they do have great functions comparable to nokia phones.. it's really a disappointment.. i thought i really wanted this nokia 7610, but now i'm giving in some thought.. even its screen is outdated.. pple are already coming up with 264k screen and nokia is still sticking to a pathetic 65k screen.. its megapixel camera needs a fix.. takes photos like a 300k CMOS whereas other brands are already offering really printable photos using a 1.3MP CCD.. seriously nokia is trying to hold back the technological advance of the handphone industry just so they can earn more profits..

Old 03-06-2004, 09:30 PM

john74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_macca
frankly i dont think nokia 7610 is good enough.. its camera isnt really much of an improvement to nokia 6600.. sad to say other brands like sharp have much better camera phones although sharp phones dont operate on symbian OS.. however they do have great functions comparable to nokia phones.. it's really a disappointment.. i thought i really wanted this nokia 7610, but now i'm giving in some thought.. even its screen is outdated.. pple are already coming up with 264k screen and nokia is still sticking to a pathetic 65k screen.. its megapixel camera needs a fix.. takes photos like a 300k CMOS whereas other brands are already offering really printable photos using a 1.3MP CCD.. seriously nokia is trying to hold back the technological advance of the handphone industry just so they can earn more profits..
I agree totally they should of put a 264000 colored screen a real 1 mega pixel camera
(look at sharp gx 30) and stereo input etc etc its really a 6600 in a different suit so its not on my shopping list anymore (i prefer a joystick personally)

Old 06-06-2004, 10:08 AM

Cbswe is on a distinguished road
it«s already in stock in many online stores in sweden, and I«m gonna order one tonight =)

Old 24-06-2004, 03:18 AM

nk_au is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_CaESaR
is it much faster than the 6600 though? ie. menu speed is as fast as the 6230? or the 7650?
Hello mr_caesar. Fancy meeting you again for the fourth time in a different forum lol

Yes, I own one now. Paid just under 1000 Australian dollars for it. What a beauty ... the ruby

Yes, the system speed and startup time is dramatically faster. Even loading and running themes is a breeze, faster than the 6600 for sure!