Ok this is my guide on the Nokia 6600 because i think i know almost everything.
Note: I am using the oringal firmware that came with my phone i see no reason to upgreade.
First i will start by listing the 2 limitations of the 6600, voice recorder and video recodring.
Unlimited sound recorder - Dictaphone
Unlimited Video recorder - Eti Camcorder pro 2004
You must turn sound off to use etic pro with Nokia 6600
I have used all the mp3 players out and i mean all of them. The best mp3 player is;
Mp3 Player. This is the best out of all of them, it scans your phone for the mp3 so it can play from any location on your phone. It has the smallest footprint, no other mp3 player has a smaller installation size. It will play all of the mp3's in the list when one has finished it will play the next. It has equilizer settings, it supports bluetooth headset, apparently its the only player to support STEREO
Most important feature, it uses the least amount of phone RAM, so you can play your mp3 and even play goboy with no probs.
Ebook reader with Mp3 support - This player has the best quality as far as Im aware, however it has a huge installation size and can only play one song at a time this is done by opening the file.
Getting Small MP3's on your phone around 1mb per song instead of 3mb
And to who asked in the froum - YOU CANT COMPRESS MP3'S THEY ARE ALREADY COMPRESSED.
Download WHITE TIGER STUDIO for pc, im using version 3 (or is it 4 i dont know) because I think the current version 5 sucks.
Now uncompress your mp3 to a wav file then compress the wav file back to mp3 format with the follwing settings.
Ok you need to be looking at the khz value not the bitrate.
for loudspeaker use 22,000khz (40kbit lowest bit rate on 22k) and mono since you only have one speaker so stereo is pointless. You will get typically 1mb files. I see no point using anything higher because the loudpseaker is bad quality so having a good quality mp3 will only waste space.
for headphone use - use 44,000khz and the lowest bit rate for 44khz, you cant really tell that much between the highest and lowest bitrates on a cell phone (id
imagine) if your using a BT headset then use mono (coz you have only thing in your ear) and use stereo if your using headphones!
- gbc emulator, very good apparently supports zipped files.
- just like goboy but better for phone reason see below
Picodrive - AHA!!!
A megadrive emulator this is freeware as far as I know, it is still in early development but it runs games very smooth actually smoother then my PC. Currently has no sound support and the changing the keys is weird, delete the ini file in its root folder if you screw em up. - This is proof that nokia 6600 can run SNES games!!! Ur megadrive is a 16bit machine so it should be able to run snes too, take that GBA
Gamephone advance has sound, although not great it has sound none the less, goboy+ which i have installed still has no sound on the 6600, it might just be me, but i reckon that the loud speaker isnt supported as a speaker, but like i said it might just be me. NOTE: Gamephone advance doesnt play gameboy advance game is a marketting trick with the emu even though it has a gba icon.
- offers 25x zoom which looks rubbish when you are taking the picture but once you take it it come out looking really nice. Also supports night mode with zoom on, similar products support 25x zoom but not night mode too. Also has a small window that displays the full un zoomed picture which is useful when at high zoooms as you can tell what you're pointing ur camera at.
- Allows you to take unlimited panaroma shots vertical and horizontal, you need to have a good hand to do this and use alot of light, since it takes the image and superimposes the last part for you to find where to stitch the next image too.
- Allows you to take 1MP resolution pics with your phone. It works by taking 4 images at once and then doing something interesting to them. Each unproccesed image uses 500kb to store, whilst processing the image you need to have around 4mbs of phone space, i think it took 5mins to process the image.
- great for taking the pi$$ out of your mates, you take a pic and it detects their face automaticlly and then morphs it into very funny things.. USAGE. pick your victim take a pic and then show everyone else but not him and your victim will be wondering whats so funny.
- freeware. this is better then seleq as seleq has no copy functions. Fxplorer allows you to see the file structure of your phone. Be careful what you do you can really screw your phone up with this. MUST HAVE
- this is another must have program. It compresses installed programs and decompresses them automaticly on use. dont try and compress ngage games you'll regret it. Also has the ability to shut down a hung program.. all those dodgy java games
- Has a scarey name but is better then opera. Opera doesnt allow you to enter text into text fields so google is useless to you. This is the fastest browser of the two I think.
- Allows you to use your phone as a remote control for tvs dvds vcrs yes it works i had alot of fun pi$$in about with my mates tv.. doesnt work on all tv types.
- another dictaphone program looks quite nice but never use it since i use dictaphone which can be hidden and then recording starts when a hotkey is pressed.
(remote s60 i think) This sends the display on your phone to your PC, whatever is seen on your phone is sent to your PC
- This usess whatever within the box on ur PC's screen as a cam, seems to work on msn messenger and not yahoo.
You can use the above to software to use ur phone as a webcam. I suggest you use torch to leave the light on and prevent the screensaver coming on. USAGE start remote S60 on your pc then on your phone, as the pc listens for the phone, then place softcams box over the screen for remote s60
- The greatest program ever made for your phone. When you use your phone with PC suite using BT or IR (make a serial connection) it allows you to access your phone through FTP! You can access everything (cept trial version dont allow system access) just like normal window files. THIS IS GOING TO GIVE NOKIA THE BIGGEST HEADAHCE see ngage section.
- Allows you to open zip files and add contents to a zip file. It DOES NOT allow you to extract the files. Id imagine this was released by wildpalm to get back the development costs for zip support for goboy+. Zipman also supports upto V3.0 rar files and tar files with an addon.
- Apparently this increases the amount of phone memory by using the phones memroy as ram, my phone has ~6mb of mem and this reports it to be around 9mb!??? also used as a themes programs which i detest greatly
Where AM I
- like minigps but allows for more functions havent used it yet but sounds pretty nice. I have though it would be cool to turn my phone to silent when i walk into a classroom. For those that dont know, this program does something that you have told it to when you move into a prestored gsm cell. So you store cell 2 as home and then you move into cell2 it will do the thing you told it too.