All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-05-2004, 09:17 PM

childoftheworld is on a distinguished road
Firmware Update Problem SX1

Am I pulling my hair yet? I have downloaded the correct firware ROLF Variant for v7 and v10 of the SX1 update, i.e., International_UK_DE_IT

So, I follow the instructions after my battery has been fully charged (until it says it is charged).

1) I plug the usb cable to my SX1.
2) I run the updater...
3) I choose my language, click start and accept the licence agreement
4a) I read the note to plug the USB, hold down the joystick and press the power key
4b) At this time, Windows has already installed the 'swup' driver successfully... (since I tried this 20 times)
5) I click continue.
6) I see that it found my mobile. On my SX1 screen, I see that it says... something about Siemens Update 1/4 and then it starts to dim by itself while I am still holding down the power key on the phone.
7) The software reports update unsuccessful with an error code of (12) after reporting that I should not change anything.

I tried to do this with v7 and v10 of the update but I cannot successfully flash my phone. The phone is new and unlocked and I just bought it from out of the country. Works fine.

Someone... PLEASE... PLEASE... tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Old 27-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Unregist6666

I have the same question. Connection is the (joystike,...) sx1 update ... = ok.
I have version 6 and try to go to version 7 or version 10 didn't work. A friend of mine working in a mobile shop told me that it was a mistake in the software of siemens. The only sollution is to bring a service shop and install SW.

Old 27-05-2004, 01:40 PM

d3lty is on a distinguished road
Talking

ok.. the problem can be the drivers
when you start sx1 um upgrade mode, do not install the new harware automatic!!
just do that manual, select the driver that was created by upgrade program, whick you can find in the same folder!

for upgrade mode just press once joystick down and power button, don't hold just press..

Last edited by d3lty; 27-05-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Old 27-05-2004, 07:39 PM

childoftheworld is on a distinguished road
SX1 Upgrade, Press Once Only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3lty

ok.. the problem can be the drivers
when you start sx1 um upgrade mode, do not install the new harware automatic!!
just do that manual, select the driver that was created by upgrade program, whick you can find in the same folder!

for upgrade mode just press once joystick down and power button, don't hold just press..
OK. I'll try that and see if it works.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:34 AM
TheVirus2002

symbian firmware update ngage

if i get a file with bleutooth i can only save it on my phone phone not on my memory card how can i change that and where can i get a new firmware for my n-gage

Old 06-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Unr

i'm having the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by childoftheworld
Am I pulling my hair yet? I have downloaded the correct firware ROLF Variant for v7 and v10 of the SX1 update, i.e., International_UK_DE_IT

So, I follow the instructions after my battery has been fully charged (until it says it is charged).

1) I plug the usb cable to my SX1.
2) I run the updater...
3) I choose my language, click start and accept the licence agreement
4a) I read the note to plug the USB, hold down the joystick and press the power key
4b) At this time, Windows has already installed the 'swup' driver successfully... (since I tried this 20 times)
5) I click continue.
6) I see that it found my mobile. On my SX1 screen, I see that it says... something about Siemens Update 1/4 and then it starts to dim by itself while I am still holding down the power key on the phone.
7) The software reports update unsuccessful with an error code of (12) after reporting that I should not change anything.

I tried to do this with v7 and v10 of the update but I cannot successfully flash my phone. The phone is new and unlocked and I just bought it from out of the country. Works fine.

Someone... PLEASE... PLEASE... tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
What is that "swup"?

Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 PM

memarian is on a distinguished road
Swup is the Phone Driver in Software(Firmware) update Mode.

During Updating FW,after you connect your p[hone to computer,
windows want to install a new driver,select manual and point to the
directory that you run the FW Updating Program.
Ads